The process of selection at XLRI consists of Group Discussions, Case study and Personal Interviews.
Feedback- Group Discussion/Case Study
Average Duration: 30 min.
No. of Panelists: 3
No. of Participants: 9-10
Case Study- 8 points (prioritise)
- Should wealthy nations share their wealth?
- Is IPL commercial cricket or not?
- Captial Punishment (7 points)
- Namo attacked toll booths of MNS in Maharashtra.
- 7 options of how it can be solved: private companies, tolls entirely removed, services provided, toll to be kept rank options, Add another option if you want.
- Politics : AAP & Arvind Kejriwal. (XLRI BM)
- Death sentence compared to life imprisonment. 8 points: which is most appropriate? (XLRI HRM)
- GD on case study to number of priority. Family of victim gets a feeling of revenge. Lot of expenses of life imprisonment. Opportunity to transform.
XLRI - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-25 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 94%iler in CAT, 98.75% in XAT, 94% in SNAP, 216 in NMAT with economic honours as the background). Diagrams and economic theories. Supply curve and demand curve.
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 96.03%iler in CAT with 97.2 in XAT and 49.25/100 in IIFT with 80.7 in ECE Engineering, 93% in 12th and 96.5% in 10th). Engineering Questions. Difference between State & U.T? Appointment process of President & Governor. You are a Content writer, so where is your work published. State the Diode's working? Advantage of transistor over diode. Explain wireless technology.
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 95.32%iler in CAT with 211 score in NMAT with profile as 72.7% in ECE, 69.2% in 12th and 85.2 in 10th). Telangana issue? Why GD is a fish market? Tell about conflicts in the world?Any MNC's in Baddi? Doppler effect? 2G, 3G, 4G Difference? Do you want to tell about something (film making equipments). Choose - politics, religion.
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 98.93%iler in CAT, 96.07 in XAT and 97 in SNAP with B.Tech in ECE with academic profile as CGPA 8.05 in Graduation, 88% in 12th and 94.8% in 10th). Where have you applied? Taken professional training for GD/PI? Why you should be selected over experienced people? If there’s a case that the dress of the worker is not liked by CEO and he fires him. You being the HR manager then what would be your response? Writing (editor) A & B conflict - interfere or intervene to solve?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: (A 95.8%iler in XAT with B.Tech (CSE) and work experience of 9 months with academic profile as CGPA 6.87 in Graduation, 84.8% in 12th and 90.2% in 10th). State your hobby?Which is the highest peak? American Express - how it makes money. Explain that what do you mean by DBMS, data structures, stacks and heaps?
What skills an HR should have? If we are recruiting, how will we know skills? Emotional Quotient, IQ - important. In HR role.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: