For MBA admissions, IIM Amritsar shortlists candidates on the basis of CAT scores.The final admission is granted as per the composite score, comprisingtheparameters like the candidate’s marks in class 10th and 12th, graduation, work experience, gender/ academic diversity, CAT scores and interview performance.
Counted among the New IIMs, IIM Amritsar is the 15th IIM to be setup by the government. In order to secure your seat in its MBA programme, the last important thing is to ace the interview round.
As of now, the admission process at IIM Amritsar comprises of the following stages:
- Shortlisting (based on CAT scoreand overall profile)
- Personal Interview
The average duration of the personal interview was 20-25 minutes per candidate. A panel of 2 interviewers asked the candidates about their professional goals, work experiences, personality traits, etc. The candidates were also evaluated for their knowledge of the latest events and news. Here, you can have a look at the interviews of four candidates at IIM Amritsar:
Background: B.Tech, Fresher
- What is your view on the online learning going on since last two years?
- Many engineers opt for M.Tech after graduation? Why don’tyou do so?
- Why not do a job first and gain some work experience?
- Do you know which states are going to have elections?
- Do you know about PM Gati Shakti plan?
Other questions were related to budget, ABG case and other scams.
Background: B.Tech (ECE)
Work Experience: Internship at ONGC, MDM Developer at Cognizant
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell us about your current work.
- So, you’ve worked in a magazine, what was your role there?
- What is Descriptive Statistics? And Predictive Statistics?
- Why MBA? Why MBA-HR over MBA-BA? Are you bored of data?
- Who is your role model?
- So you mentioned skincare, what is airbrush tech? Why were people against it?
- What is the difference between data privacy and security?
- Tell us some news about ONGC. Tell us something about ONGC that made us all proud
- Which brand promotes no makeup?
- What is diversity? What kind of diversity do you see here?
IIM Amritsar - Interview Experiences
Background: BBA (Marketing)
Work Experience: Started a business during high school
- How are you? Why are you nervous?
- Walk me through your personal and professional life in 90 seconds
- So, you started a business. Tell me about that.In which year did you start? Tell me about the major challenges you faced. How can you use technology in your business? What sets you apart from your competitors in the market? Tell me about the Marketing mix in the context of your business.What was your pricing strategy? If you restart your business now, what changes will you make?
How will your business operate in metro cities and tier-3 cities? So, you had a subscription model. Why would people commit to the long-term if they can buy on daily basis? How did you convince people?
- Do you know about Facebook and Jio collaboration?
- How has digitalization affected buying behaviour?
- Tell me about the selling model of the Big Basket.
- Name a few entrepreneurs from Bihar.
Background: B.Sc.(H) Mathematics
Work Experience: Pre-graduation work-ex at McDonald's
- What is your current location?
- Tell me something about yourself
- What is the use of Maths in Business?
- What is the relation of Maths with Analytics?
- What is Definite Integral?
- What is Linear function and it's slope?
- What was your favourite subject in graduation?
- Why MBA just after graduation, instead of working in any corporate for 1-2 years and then do MBA?
- Which programming language do you know?
- What was the role of women development cell in your college? Do you think women face discrimination in our society?
- Is Mcdonald's in India a franchise or an actual company running it? What did you learnat McDonald's?Howwas the process during exit from McDonald's?
- What is FIFO?
- If the price of some raw material changes, then will its product price change too?
- What will be the effect of Ukraine-Russia War on the Indian Economy?