Ranked among the top B-schools of India, Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) conducts a common admission process for its three campuses – Ghaziabad, Nagpur, and Hyderabad. It offers a host of management programmes; including PGDM, PGDM-Marketing, PGDM-Finance, and PGDM (Banking & Financial Services). In the first stage of PGDM admissions, IMT shortlists candidates based on their CAT/XAT/GMAT scores. The final list is prepared as per the candidates’ past academic scores, entrance test scores, work experience, and performance in further selection rounds.
The admission process for PGDM admissions 2022 followed the given order:
- Shortlisting (based on CAT/XAT/GMATscore)
- Critical Thinking Test
- Personal interview
Critical Thinking Test
In this round, candidates are required to write on a given topic in 30 minutes. These topics are based on the latest happenings or general themes. Similar to essay-writing or WAT round of other B-schools, the candidates are expected to write around 500 words within the time limit. Listed below are some of the topics given during CT round in 2022:
- Mental Health is as important as Physical Health.
- Education Technology: Teachers and Students are connected technologically but disconnected socially
- To increase gender diversity, your organization has hired a female candidate by relaxing the required work experience. What are your views on it?
- Effectiveness of Work-From-Home
- Crisis is the best teacher
- Can India rely on domestic demand to power its economy?
- "Make in India" is not suitable for India.
A panel of two interviewers asked the candidates about their career goals, work experience, hobbies, and specialisation preferences. Some candidates were also probed on their SOP and CT topics. While most interviews went smooth, some candidates did face slightly grilling cross-questioning. The average duration of an interview was 15-20 minutes. Here are some of the experiences shared by candidates interviewed during PGDM admissions 2022:
- What are your career goals? How do you plan to achieve them? What is your motivation behind this?
- Tell me a real-life example of taking responsibility and helping people.
- What is the difference between a Social Enterprise and an NGO?
- What are your hobbies? So, which was the last book you read?
- Why did you select French?
- Give a brief overview of your current work profile.
- What is happening in the Indian economy at present?
- What is MUN?
Background: Work Ex of 8 months in TCS (as Assistant System Engineer)
- Where do you stay? From your name, you seem like a Maharashtrian. Is it so?
- Tell me something about your family.
- Why MBA? Why HR?
- What is the most important function of HR? What should the ideal traits and qualities of an HR?
- Rate your leadership skills.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?How do they relate to MBA?
- Why do you want to shift from IT to MBA?
- Why did you join TCS when you don't see yourself in the IT field? Tell us the projects in which you were involved.
The candidate was given a case-based situation and asked for suggestions.
- Introduce yourself.
- Why do you want to go for MBA after law?
- What is patent? What is copyright law?
- If you become a doctor, you cannot say you will not practice. How will you justify that?
- Did you watch Shark Tank India? What is it all about? Do you like Ashneer Grover? Why?
- Do you read newspapers? Tell me about any recent business-related news.
- What is the function of RBI?
- Tell me a few points from Union Budget concerningthe business area.
Background: B.Tech (ECE), Working professional
- Tell me something that is not mentioned in your resume.
- Do you think the allocation in the healthcare sector was sufficient in Union Budget 2022?
- Due to covid-19, international markets have been affected. Can the Indian economy be revived by exporting? How will you carry out marketing campaigns for exports?
- How did you transition from ECE to the software industry?
- Which specialisation do you prefer in MBA and why?
- During the pandemic, which two industries could not undergo a smooth transition from offline to online mode?
Background: B.Tech, Working Ex of 12 months
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why MBA? Why MBA after Engineering? Don’t you feel you have wasted a seat of a premium engineering college (NIT)? Don’t you think that an 18-year-old person is mature enough to make this decision?
- Tell us how a business works.
- What are your hobbies? Name three qualities that a team worker/ player should possess.Can you draw a parallel between working in a team in your job and playing in a football team?
- Are you aware of Blockchain and Crypto?
- Tell us about one recent business or economic news.