Great Lakes Institute of Management (GLIM) is one of the top 50 B-schools of India, as per the latest NIRF rankings. It offers a two-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) to aspirants with less than two years of work experience. Initially, the candidates are shortlisted on the basis of scores in CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT. In the final stage, candidates are granted admission as per a range of factors, including entrance test scores, past academic records, work experience and performance in further admission rounds.
Theadmission process2022 at GLIM followed the given steps:
- Shortlisting (based on CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMATscore)
- Analytical Writing Test (AWT)
- Personal Interview
This is essentially an essay-writing round. Candidates are given 30 minutes to write an essay on one of the given topics. These topics are based on current issues or abstract themes. Listed below are some of the topics assigned to candidates during GLIM admissions 2022:
- Challenges for Electric car in India
- Repeal of farm laws was a setback for the country
- Should privatisation be done in India?
A group of two panellists asked the candidates about their personality, course preferences,goals, academics, experiences, and hobbies. Some candidates were also evaluated for their knowledge of current events. Generally, the interviews lasted for 12-15 minutes per candidate. Here are some of the experiences shared by candidates interviewed in 2022:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your hobbies?
- How did the pandemic affect you?
- Choose a subject from your course from which we should ask questions.
- So, tell me about financial modelling and valuation.
- What is NPV?
- What is the time value of money?
- Can you tell me about the approaches to valuate a company?
- Why did you change from science to management?
- Why are you applying to Great Lakes after doing bachelor's from NMIMS?
- Tell me something about yourself that is not mentioned in the form.
- Can you tell me about some latest business news?
- How is AAP doing in Delhi?
- Why MBA after engineering?
- Your engineering scores are too good. Why not continue in that field?
- Tell us something about your family.
- Why Great Lakes? Which campus do you prefer?
- Do you have any managerial experience?
- Tell me about your family background.About your educational background?
- Why did you get less percentage in class 12th?
- Which specialization do you prefer an MBA?
- What are your future aspirations?
- Tell us about your weaknesses.And what are your strengths?
- Do you take feedback from others?
- During placements, other students may be preferred over you, as you have three-year gap? How will you convince them?
- Do you read anything?
- What will happen if Russia invades Ukraine?
- What do you know about the latest budget?
- Do you have any other calls? How would you rate Great lakes in term of ranks among them?
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Tell me about your work in Amazon.
- What technologies are you familiar with or have worked with, while you were in Amazon?
- Can you tell me about long-term investing? And the ways to do it?
- Why Great Lakes?
CAT Percentile: 89.11
- How are you? How's the weather?
- Walk me through your resume.
- So where exactly is the new site for IIM Jammu? (related to candidate’s project)
- When will it be constructed?
- Why MBA? What are the domains you are planning to go for?
- Are you okay with no earning for a year? Who will finance you?
- Are you okay with starting from scratch? Won't all your past effort going to waste?
- So, when is the central vista project getting completed?
- How many buildings will get demolished? Will all KrishiBhawan and Nirmanbhawans get demolished?
- How people cannot access Rajpath?