The selection process at XLRI consists of a Group Discussion, followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback – Group Discussion (GD)
Average Duration: 15 min
- Is nuclear power a need for India?
- Is India’s defence force prone to corruption?
- Does crime increase with income?
- Should military training be made compulsory for all?
- Are women better managers than men?
XLRI - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-25 mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts from Interview 1(BE - ECE)- Why do you want to do a music festival (written in the questionnaire), What is the revenue model, How will MBA help you with event management, Why MBA, Give one positive point about khap, Opinion on assault by lawyers on Kanhaiya Kumar, Rapid fire round on industry, coworkers, conflict, etc, Give an example of external and internal conflict.
- Excerpts from Interview 2 - Where are you working currently, Your total experience, Initially you joined a mining company then IT company and again Mining Company-Why this change , When IT BHU was converted to an IIT, "Old college conversion to an IIT vis-à-vis New IIT development" What are your views on this, many teachers who are not Ph.Ds are teaching in colleges , which will be converted into IITs. thus , what is your opinion about the quality of teachers? Tell us something about your work , What is the finished product of the plant you have worked in, Pellet is how much % of the finished product.
- Excerpts from Interview 3(BE - Chemical) - Introduce yourself, Do you have a placement in hand, Which company and what is the package, Why MBA, Why not job first and then MBA, Rate the chemical energy sector in India with other countries, Why are pharmaceuticals cheap in India – Give 3 reasons, If you become an oil and gas minister what reforms will you bring, What does Rotaract do, Tell us about your part and responsibilities, Tell us about the college groups/activities that you were a part of.
- Excerpts from Interview 4 - State 4 positives of colleges, Why is Punjab written as Panjab in Panjab University, Explain GST, What reforms will it bring, Illustrate an example of cascading effect, Which is your favorite subject and why, Name the pipeline that connects Panipat refinery, What is acid rain, What is your opinion on Odd Even, Have we caught the main culprit, Will it affect the traffic, What are the sources of pollution, What are your weaknesses and what have you done so far to deal with them .
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: