One of the oldest IIMs, IIM Kozhikodecounts among the top 10 B-schools of India. IIM-K offers PGP in Management, Finance, Business Leadership, and Liberal Studies & Management. It is known to be India's fastest growing management institute due to its early adoption of modern pedagogy and the introduction of new programmes. For PGP, admission is determined by a range of factors, including CAT score, academic performance, gender/academic diversity, and work experience.
The selection rounds at IIM-K follow the given order:
- Shortlisting (based on CAT score and overall profile)
- Personal Interview (PI)
A group of two panellists probed the candidates on their academic knowledge, work experience, hobbies, and general awareness. The interviews were held online, and each interview went on for 15-20 minutes. Some of the candidates were also asked about their nativeState/city. Here are thePGP ’22 interview experiences shared by four candidates:
Background: BMS (Finance), Fresher
- How are you? Please introduce yourself.
- Tell us about what you are doing currently.
- What do you do in your free time? What do you sing? Do you sing music or songs?
- Who is this person in your college name? Who is ShaheedSukhdev? And he was hanged? Was there anybody else in that group?
- You did specialization in? So, what do you like in Finance? What do you know about the stock market?
- What is NSE? What is the difference between fundamental and technical analysis? What are candlestick charts? Standard Deviation? Stop-Loss? Stock Volatility?
- How do you make a portfolio? How do you select stocks? Make a portfolio for me.
- Where are you from? If I were to travel to Delhi and visit some historical places, can you suggest to me 5 historical places? Then, why is Delhi considered a historic place? Which city in India do you consider a historic city and why? Why is Punjab a historic State?
IIM Kozhikode - Interview Experiences
Background: Worked for 4.5 years as a Software Developer at JP Morgan
- What is your opinion on the budget?
- What is your take on the Russia-Ukraine conflict?
- How will infrastructure help the economy? What are the issues in the economy?
- What do you do at JP Morgan? Why do you want to do MBA at this point?
- Can you suggest a product management approach for any product? What is the difference between the product management approach of Swiggy and Zomato?
- Can you tell me about any new application of AI which recently became a product?
- What is quantum computing? What is cloud computing? Is it a fictitious concept, or are there any real servers somewhere?
Background:BBA (Marketing), Fresher
- Tell us something about yourself.
- What are your hobbies? Can you recite a few lines of your ghazal?
- Why MBA after BBA?
- What were your favourite subjects during graduation?
- Tell me about the taxation system in India.
- What do you know about IIM K?
- What were your extracurriculars in college? So, what was your responsibility as head of the mess committee?
- What kind of problems do women face in organisations? Do you think it is right to give diversity points to women during B-school admissions?
- Suppose you are a manager in an organisation and there are no toilets available for women. The top management says that there are very few female employees in our organisation, so it doesn’t make much difference. What will you do in such a situation?
Background:B.Tech (EC),Work Ex of 1.5 yearsat TCS
- Tell me about yourself
- What do you do at TCS? What is SEO? Why use database management when you can use Excel?
- How did your marks improve in the last 2 semesters?
- What are the generations of communication?
- What is 5G? What is 2.5G?
- What is the importance of silicon in Electronics? Where is silicon obtained from?
- What is blockchain? Why are people still avoiding it?
- How does an SMS work?How does iMessage work? Can you tell me about the protocol behind it?
- What is article 377?
- What is NRC?