The process of selection at XLRI consists of a Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 20mins
No. of Panelists : 3
- Are reality shows real? Should they be banned?
- Man is an integral part of the environment and yet he is the archenemy of it
- The situation between the union and state governments has always been a matter of controversy
- Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Tell something about yourself. Why MBA? Suppose you have to set up a manufacturing unit, how will you maximize profits? Give a mathematical tool to maximize profits in above situation. Why do you switch jobs so early? What did you learn in each job? Justify a statement that why a person will recruit you after MBA? Your profile in your job. Why MBA from XLRI? If you get selected in IIM and XLRI, where you will go? Tell what do you mean by a business model. What is the difference between business model and business tycoon?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Tell us about yourself. Which colleges have you applied to? You want to do MBA in which field? Why HR? Give two reasons. What is a chemical? (chemical engineer). What are molecules and atom? Draw a diagram showing chemical, molecules, and atom. Should Gurgaon be made capital of Haryana? Tell something about political system of UAE. You have been working with your company for 3 months. Tell us how you find it? What do you like most in it? What are your hobbies?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Tell something about yourself. What are the Taxation rules? (B.Com background). What are your hopes about Mohali match? What are your hobbies? (reading autobiography). Which one did you like the most? What is your source of inspiration? Why did you apply to BM also? What is recession? What is your XAT score? Tell me something about the economy of India. Asked a lot of situational questions.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.