Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) is a part of XIM University, previously known as Xavier University (XUB). One of the earliest B-schools of India, XIMB features among the top 40 management institutes of the country, as per NIRF rankings.The university offers MBA in Business Management, Human Resource Management, Rural Management, Sustainability Management, and Urban Management & Governance. In the first stage, XIM shortlists candidates as per their XAT/CAT/GMAT/X-GMT scores. For some programmes, NMAT/GATE scores are also accepted. Finally, admission is granted based on the candidate’s overall profile and interview performance.
MBA admissions 2022 at XIMB were carried out as follows:
- Shortlisting (based on XAT/CAT/GMAT/X-GMT)
- Personal Interview
A panel of three interviewers evaluated the shortlisted candidates on their personality traits, goals, academics, work experience, hobbies, and general awareness. Some candidates were also asked questions about their hometown and family background. Generally, interviews lasted for 20-30 minutes per candidate. Here are questions shared by candidates interviewed in 2022:
- What is the difference between marketing and sales?
- Which subject do you love the most in marketing?
- Marketers sell their products and become rich. Then what's the point of customer satisfaction?
- Why do you want to do a second MBA? How was your previous experience?
- You are a well-known motivational speaker. How will you motivate me if I tell you I am totally frustrated with my life?
- What is your inspiration in life?
- How do you calm your brain?
- What are your hobbies?What kind of fish do you have?
- If you are selected, what will be your plans and goals?
XIMB - Interview Experiences
Background:B.Tech (Civil Engineering)
- What is the difference between concrete used in bridges and buildings?How can you change the grade of concrete?
- What is Anand city famous for? (candidate studied there)
- Is Amul a cooperative industry?
- What is the purpose of superelevation on roads and bridges?
- What is your hometown city famous for?
- What are your hobbies?
- What do your parents do?
- If you get admission here, what will you do in future?
- Apart from XIMB, what other calls do you have?
- Who is your role model?
- You are a 2020 graduate, what did you do in the next two years?
- Tell us something about yourself that is not in your résumé/application.
- Tell us about your biggest academic achievement. So, what was the project about? (followed by cross-questions)
- Which Indian Prime Minister won Nobel Prize?
- Which HRD minister won Nobel Prize?
- What is the difference between RFID devices and non-RFID devices?
Background:B.Tech (ECE), Work Ex of 3 years
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why MBA?
- How will IT infrastructure benefit the urban cities?
- What is a smart city?If you are the Mayor of Kolkata, how will you develop your city in terms of AI?
- Areyou aware of MATLAB?Which programming language do you know? (followed by specific questions on SQL)
- Rate yourself as a team lead.
- If you are placed in a consulting company, and the company is dealing with the government. As per your job role, you have to visit the site. Will you accept it?
- Any questions for us?