The selection process at IIT MUMBAI consists of Essay Writing (WAT) followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback- Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration: 30 min (2 essays combined).
Word Limit: 200 words
- Can India be a cashless society post demonetization?
- Ministry of Urban development has proposed a bill which states that private firms should be allowed to construct and run the metro rail project in India. What are the advantages and disadvantages of privatization of such big projects?
- Though the legislature is doing their bit in order to support disables but they are not getting much help. What are the suggestions you want to propose in order to support disables in country.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts from Interview 2(Profile: OA-99.16, 3 year work experience in social sector (education field), Engineering-Biotechnology) : Tell me something about yourself, What is your current job role in social sector, do you teach also, What are the students you teach and at what level, Is there any specific area in your engineering course you liked, Tell us about any advancement in the last 50 years in Genetic Engineering, How does insulin operate, Why do you want to do MBA, So why do want to come here and not a college like TISS, What are the calls you have, Why do you not want to go to specific courses with social venture focus, like IRMA, You are definitely not going to sit for placements, Have you applied to SP Jain.
- Excerpts from Interview 3(CAT 98.98 Civil Engineering, VNIT NAGPUR 3.5 yrs Work Ex- IOCL) : What do you do at IOC, In what terms does IOC ranks best, What is the trend of companies profits, About Oil prices and their effects on your company, About maintenance of Pipelines, What have you learnt at IOC, Explain me some theory of soil mechanics subject along with the scientist, What is effective stress, Relationship between Stress and Strain, What is plane stress, neutral stress, Application of Structural engineering in your pipeline job, Did you apply for M-tech at IITB considering you had a good GATE rank, Name five rivers of Maharashtra, Name five rulers in Maharashtra after Shivaji and which area they ruled.