The process of selection at IIT MUMBAI consists of an Essay Writing followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback- Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration : 20-30 mins.
Word Limit : 200 words
- Knowledge based economy is imp to achieve the economic boom of India.
- Comprehension – summarize it.
- Is pollution because of manufacturing industries? Environment impact?
- Crony capitalism in India.
- Many countries worry about environmental issues does India need to worry?
- Scenario – KFC Food joint, why do you think it is not successful. (50 words)
- Precis Writing – A business case study of approximately 200 words was given and one had to conclude it in 50 words.
- The current Indian economy general scenario.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 99.09%iler in CAT and 97.4 in SNAP with B.Tech in Mechanical with academic profile as 78.5% in Graduation, 83% in 12th and 95.2% in 10th). How is Sanskrit diff. & its rules? Student – teacher ratio in IIT-M, diff. from IIT-D. Characters while choosing an institute. Tell us something about Chandigarh? Make the layout of the training institute. Area of triangle, Scalene Triangle, Right Angle triangle.
- Excerpts from Interview 2 : (A 81%iler in CAT with non-general category with B.Tech in Bio-Tech with academic profile as 65% in graduation, 85% in 12th and 90.3% in 10th). Introduce yourself? Plant-tissue culture. Lok Sabha seats from Punjab major candidates. How many Sikh presidents from Punjab?
- Excerpts from Interview 3 : (A 84.74%iler in CAT, with graduation in BE (CSE) with 6.74 CGPA, 63.61% in 12th and 83.38% in 10th). Project-summer training. Social issues in Punjab? Why should I hire you? Why did you drop a year after graduation?
- Excerpts from Interview 4 : (A 98.98%iler in CAT with B.Tech background from UIET-PU with 24 months of work experience and academic profile as 75.79% in Graduation, 85.4% in 12th, and 89.2% in 10th). We are fed up with INFOSYS & TCS people. What is a BUG? What is a BUG Story (I.T.)? Can you do any physical fitness exercise, Who? Needs? Do working people? Take out the probability of you being selected? Draw and explain graphs of parabola, hyperbola? General quadratic equation? Change management (What how do you facilitate change in products).
- Excerpts from Interview 5 : (A 99.49%iler in CAT with academic profile as 73% in B.Tech (Mechanical) 92.4% in 12th, 94.6% in 10th). Why IIT Bombay? Why would you prefer IIT Bombay over the other calls you have? Indian Politics – What do you know about the background of M.P.’s in Chandigarh? Why do you think P.M. Manmohan Singh does not contest elections from Chandigarh? What is the refrigeration cycle? How do define efficiency? Gave two cases of the refrigeration cycle application asked which would be more efficient. Question on Air Conditioning? Final year project – Piezoelectric effect? What is Piezoelectricity? How did you apply it in your project?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: