The process of selection at IIT MUMBAI consists of a Case study followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Case Study
Average Duration : 30 mins.
- Your boss has asked you to indulge yourself in an unethical practice which would help your company reap big profit. How will you deny his order without landing your job in any danger?
- Can a congestion tax help in decongesting our cities?
- Discuss the ways to boost the GDP.
- What is the way ahead for self sufficiency in electricity in the country?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins
No. of Panelists : 3 which included industry professionals too.
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 99.74 CAT percentiler having 10th -89%, 12th- 80.2% and B. Tech- Chemical Engineering- 77.1%). How does a refrigerator work? What is Bernoulli's equation? How does a ball swing? Why MBA without work-experience? Which other calls you have and what will you choose? What is NASDAQ, SEBI? What are functions of RBI? What do you know about Lance Armstrong? Tell us about Malala? Who is the CEO of HSBC bank? Why was it recently in news? Who is the director of HDFC bank? Who is the architect of Chandigarh?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 99.56 CAT percentiler with 87.4% in 10th, 75.4% in 12th and 67.6% in B.Tech. ECE). Tell us something about yourself. What was your final year project? What did you do in it? Why India is not a developed nation? Why corruption is so rampant in India? How can it be curbed? Tell us about the development of microprocessors in the past two decades? What is the difference between i3 and Core 2 duo processors?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 99.82 CAT percentiler with 78.2% in 10th, 66.8% in 12th and 61.74% in B.Tech. CSE). Tell us something about yourself. What project are you working on? How many people were there in your project? Did they all do equal work? Which language did you use and why and what did you do specifically? Tell us about Indian Economy? What do you think is the future of companies investing in India? Are they creating demand or are they fulfilling demand? Is share market taken into account while calculating GDP?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 99.2 CAT percentiler with 10th -94.5%, 12th-92.6% and B.Tech. Electrical – 72%). Introduce yourself. Why not M.Tech and why MBA? What are the problems with India's power distribution? How has Gujarat addressed this problem efficiently? How can Solar energy be used to solve the problem of energy? Name some companies working in the sector of Solar energy? How can you integrate your Engineering knowledge with management?
- Excerpts From Interview 5 : (A 99.4 percentiler with 10th -85.4%, 12th-68.4% and B.Tech. CSE –70% and work experience of 8 months). Introduce yourself. What was your job profile? What are the problems in supply chains of food and subsidy distribution in India? How can IT help in controlling it? What is data warehousing? How can large data be integrated? What problem does Adhaar card solve in supply chain? Which are the most developed states in India? Which states have the largest growth rate in the past 1 year?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: