The process of selection at IIT MUMBAI consists of an Essay Writing followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback- Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration : 30 mins (2 essays combined).
Word Limit : 200 words
- Planning is not required for the growth of India. Is it true?
- Government should ban CBFC?
- Is FDI in defense really necessary for India? What are positives and negatives.?
- Technology is a double edge sword. It should be managed carefully.
- Scenario - KFC Food joint, why do you think it is not successful. (50 words)
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell me about yourself? what was your job profile? What was your final year project, subsequent questions on the project? Which subject you liked the most in your engineering? Asked question on Satellite communication that what affects the satellite signal? Follow up questions. Questions on mobile communication also. What are your hobbies? Do you have any question for us? Asked hobbies. I mentioned follow football and read books of crime mystery and have read few autobiographies like Steve Jobs and Richard Branson. Which football clubs do you like? How did the virgin group started?
- Excerpts from Interview 2 : Why MBA after M.Tech? What does your company do? What did you do? Who is leading player in telecom sector? Okay, what is their market share? How many Indians have cell phone? These numbers were in recent news. Don't you read newspapers? So news from this sector doesn't interest you? Tell me the number? Why did you quit your job? What other calls did you get? What if you don't get admission anywhere this year? What is probability, and what is your probability of getting in this college? Any questions for us? Have you studied any courses related to management before? What is linear programming? What is the formula to calculate EOQ?
- Excerpts from Interview 3 : How can you repair the ceiling fan? Questions on mechanical engineering (a lot of cross questioning) Subject based questions like - coiling in a motor, eddy current, different types of chips, matrix and core of element to matrix, chemical and physical bonding, electron sharing theory, Fe2C3 and Fe3C4 - how both compounds are stable, orbital diagram. Questions on current affairs and GK.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: