The process of selection at IIFT consists of an Essay Writing (WAT), Group Discussion and a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration: 15 mins. (2 mins to think. 1 minute given to each participant to express his views one by one. A person who tried but was unable to express his views was given a chance to summarize)
No. of Panelists: 2
No. of Participants:: 12
- Should politicians be given Padma Awards?
- Rural placements of doctors should be compulsory or voluntary?
- School children should be allowed to own and use mobile phones or not?
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, more noise than action.
- Should school hildren be allowed to use and own mobile phones.
Feedback- Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration : 20 mins.
Word limit : 300 words
- What is the impact of reduction in oil prices in the global economy?
- Relevance of UN in today’s world order?
- India Villages – Emerging opportunities of economic development?
- Incredible India: A push for the tourism industry in India
- Persistence of food inflation in India.
- Effect of fall in oil price on global economy
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 5-10 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3 (2 faculty and 1 alumnus)
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: