The process of selection at IIFT consists of an Essay Writing (WAT), a Group Discussion and a Personal Interview.
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration: 10-40 mins. (2 min. of each student, 20 min. open discussion)
No. of Panelists: 2
No. of Participants:: 11-12
- Too much media hype distracts policy making
- Should there be reservation in Delhi colleges for local students?
- Is the Mars Expedition the correct use of India’s limited resources?
- Can we have an Asian Union on the lines of EU?
- Women are generally better managers.
- Reservations for state students in Delhi should be state funded.
Feedback- Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration : 20 mins.
Word limit : 300 words
- My top priority if I became the Prime Minister of India.
- Ways to revitalize the manufacturing sector in India.
- Increased employability of India’s youth.
- Right to education – issues & implications.
- Persistence of food inflation in India.
- How to boost manufacturing sector in India?
IIFT - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 5-10 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 32.89 IIFT test scorer having 10th -87.2%, 12th- 87.2% and M. Pharma having interest in sports). Why do you want to switch fields from pharmacy to MBA? What is TRIPS? How is price regulation of medicines done? What is patenting? Explain India’s patenting scenario. Why should we NOT select you in IIFT? You are into sports-what is your view on sportspersons? How is your typical day? How do you think your interview went, rate yourself?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 97.7%iler in CAT with 49.92 in IIFT with CGPA (8.73) an Aerospace Engineering in 12th – 83.2% and 10th-91.7%). Where have you got placed? What activities are you interested in? Why did you take up aerospace engg? Which are the global companies into aerospace? Difference between any 2 companies (Boeing & Airbus). What’s the effect of USA downgrading Indian Aviation?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 99.52% in CAT with graduation in Computer Science Engineering with 73% in Graduation, 83.6% in 12th and 91% in 10th). Academics based. Draw & explain a decreasing curve with increasing rate constantly decreasing curve. Slope of a cubic equation.
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 96.03%iler in CAT with 97.2 in XAT and 49.25/100 in IIFT with 80.7 in ECE Engineering, 93% in 12th and 96.5% in 10th). Introduce. Why MBA? What qualities of your role model are in you? If HR Manager, workers are against you even on a moral decision, what will you do?
- Excerpts From Interview 5 : (A 98.8%iler in CAT, 99.94 in XAT and 61.7 in IIFT with 32 months of work experience as Market Analyst and Trader in European market being a Chemical Engineer with academic profile as CGPA 8.18 in Graduation, 87.6% in 12th and 91.6% in 10th). Why MBA? A Small Calculations? Job Profile? Euro Crisis?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: