The IIFT process consists of a Written Ability Test, a group discussion and finally, a personal interview.
Feedback – Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration: 15 - 20 minutes
Word Limit: 250-300 words
- Snapdeal and Flipkart merger- a new dimension in e-commerce sector
- Doklam standoff- learning for India
- Start-up culture: a fad or a game changer?
- Can India become a manufacturing hub?
- Leaders who refuse to listen will eventually be surrounded by people who don’t speak
- India’s preparedness for cyber-security
- One belt- one route: China’s initiative and its impact on India
- To fight evil, good men should do nothing?
- Trump’s policy of ‘America first’
- Your biggest opposition is when you face your biggest miracle.
Feedback – Group Discussion
Average Duration: 30 minutes
No. of participants: 10-15
- “Mirror mirror on the wall, my Instagram is the fairest of them all” - social media image v/s real image
- A.I. in work: how it is going to change future of workspace
- Discuss on the quote by Mark Zuckerberg "We don't make services to make more money, we make money to make better services"
- Long term capital gains tax - Who are the winners and who are the losers?
- Is India becoming a refugee hub?
- The world is a dangerous place - Not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don’t do anything about it
- Can management be taught or is it inherent to oneself?
- Gender sensitivity is gender equality concern?
- Is India ready for cashless economy?
- Aadhar: Infringement of privacy or not?
- Bollywood’s claim of Artistic license v/s Social sensitivities
- Is Indian demographic dividend being underutilized?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 5-25 minutes
No. of Panelists: 3
IIFT - Interview Experiences
Excerpts from Interview 1-
Candidate Profile: Working as a senior analyst in Capgemini
What's your role in your workplace? What is the connection between data analytics and foreign trade? Tell me about descriptive, prescriptive and predictive analysis. Did you predict anything for Valentine's Day? Why don't you go into politics? From which other B-schools have you received calls?
Excerpts from Interview 2-
Candidate Profile: Fresher, B. Tech (Mechanical)
So what do you think we are going to ask you? Why didn’t you opt for a job after your graduation in 2017? Why should a fresher go for an MBA without any work experience? Why should we choose you over someone with work experience who is obviously going to contribute more in class? What exactly FMCG means? Name five famous FMCG in India. Are Nestle and Cadbury different? How does marketing help an FMCG? What is the difference between a conductor and semi-conductor? What is this p and n region you are talking about? Can you draw their diagrams? Explain semi-conductor in layman terms. How is data transmitted exactly? What is the difference between current and charge? Do you know about total internal reflection? You didn’t convert IIF call last year. What happened? Did you get any coaching for CAT? What other calls have you got?
Excerpts from Interview 3-
Candidate Profile: B. Tech (Electronics) with work experience
Why do you want to pursue MBA? Do you have work experience? Why are you leaving a good firm? How will you link your start-up thoughts to your Electronics stream? Will you do the job after MBA or start your own start-up? Tell us about some global events that have the major impact on the business world and International trade?