The process of selection at IIFT consists of an Essay, a Group Discussion and a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 40 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants : 12
- Wiki leaks is a bad form of investigative journalism.
- Media hype of violence leads to increase in crime rate
- Working women create an imbalance in the society
- Direct Cash Transfer a game changer or gimmick
- India vs Bharat, reality or perception
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 20 mins.
Word Limit : 300
- British Raj in India was good or bad.
- Child rights in India.
- Should CSR be made mandatory?
- Moral policing is an obstruction to country's art and culture.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10 mins
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : (A 53.9 IIFT test scorer having 10th -86.4%, 12th- 83.6% and B. Tech CSE- 76.4% and a work experience of 2.5 years with an IT company and interest in dancing). Tell me about yourself. What are your hobbies? Can you name an upcoming movie on dancing? Who is the director of dirty dancing? Who is the choreographer of this movie? What according to you are the qualities required to be a team player? How can a person be made a team player? Why MBA? Why IIFT?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : (A 58.5 IIFT test scorer having 10th -92.2%, 12th- 92.8% and B.Tech Mechanical- 9.33 CGPA and working in his own family business). How big is your business? Which export markets are you targeting? How do you segment the market? What profit do you earn? How big is Ludhiana's garment industry as per you? What are your alternate options if not selected in IIFT?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : (A 51.25 IIFT test scorer having 10th -96.2%, 12th- 91.4% and Biotech graduate-9.9 CGPA and started an NGO for underprivileged children). Introduce yourself in 3 lines. Why MBA and not IAS if you want to make a difference in the society? How do farmers and consumers gain by genetically modified food and what are its problems? Name some biotech companies? What exactly your NGO does? Who started it? How did you start it and how many children have you helped so far? How will you expand it? How can you make sure of its working after you leave your college?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 : (A 55.83 IIFT test scorer from Dubai having 10th -92.7%, 12th- 88.8% and B.Tech ECE-9.14 CGPA). How is the day? What does IIFT mean to you? Why IIFT? Do you read any business newspaper? What is your view on Industrial production going negative? Do these indices portray the actual picture? Why is Parle brand in news? A very large govt. has sued a very large country, name them? Are you placed? How is your campus placement? Tell me about Dubai? Why is Dubai going under hidden debt and how did people come to know of this?
- Excerpts From Interview 5 : (A 51.83 IIFT test scorer and an M.B.B.S. candidate having 10th -89.4%, 12th- 83% and graduation- 57.9% and a work experience of 18 months with National Rural Health Mission). Why MBA after MBBS? What was the last book you read? Who recommended it to you? What is your take on it? What problems you faced in your job? What did you do to overcome it? Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line? Do you have any entrepreneurship plans?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: