The process of selection at IIFT consists of an Essay writing, Group Discussion and a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 40 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants : 12
- Appropriate age for adulthood is 18, 21 or 25 years?
- Indian youth is intellectually good but physically weak
- FDI outflow from India
- Should recruiters favor MBAs over non MBAs?
- Targeted vs Universal Food Security in India
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 20 mins.
Words : 300
- India's liberalization -India 's balance sheet
- India's economic performance has been overrated specially in the past 10 years.
- Looking at past 10 years of India it is portrayed as emerging superpower, but all this is overhyped.
- More Indians have mobile phones than toothbrushes
- A strong legislation would require an effective enforcement
- Exploring India's Tourism Potential : Strategic Options
Feedback Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10 mins
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 51.66 IIFT test scorer and B. Tech. Electrical candidate with falling academics but all above 80%) : Introduce yourself? What was your college project? How is solar energy stored? How much solar energy is produced in the World? What is Fleming's left hand rule? Who is the director of your college? Who is your department head? Why IIFT? What is your role in the solar energy project of your college? What are your hobbies?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 46.18 IIFT test scorer and B. Tech. CSE candidate with falling academics but all above 75% and a work-ex of 18 months with Infosys) : Tell Something about yourself? What was your role in the organization? Which foreign delegation have you handled? Tell us about latest technological developments in the world? Tell us about the latest happenings in the world? What are the political repercussions of China invading Tibet? Arab springs, Why did it happen? What are your hobbies? Who will win the Asia cup? Imagine a group of yours with 5 people, tell 2 positives about the least efficient people and 2 negatives about the most effective people? Why did you read and what is there in Revolution 2020? What is export data and import data?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 46.71 IIFT test scorer and B. Tech. Biotech candidate with declining academics but all above 80% and no work-ex) : Introduce yourself. Tell us about your summer project. Why IIFT? Why not research? Books you read? (On Lance Armstrong) Why was Lance Armstrong in NEWS? What is the currency of Italy? How will HRD ministry improve research? What are antioxidants and what is metabolism?
Other GDPI Preparation Links: