The process of selection at IIFT consists of Essay, Group Discussions and Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3
- The implication of the change in US Presidency for India
Feedback - Essays
Average Duration : 20 minutes.
Words : 300
- Corporate Financial Transparency: Need for more regulation.
IIFT - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell us something about yourself? Tell us something about Madurai? What is it famous for? Who is the author of “When Genius failed”? Describe two negative aspects of Madurai as a city? Why do you want to pursue MBA? Describe the different topologies in networking. Which is the most efficient? In the last how many years has the Indian Value System changed? What are morals? What are ethics? Why is there a sudden dip in academics in your graduation? What is more important: extracurricular activities or academics?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Give us a brief introduction of yours? What are your job responsibilities at Avaya? How has your company been affected due the recent global meltdown?Which is a better company to work for: Wipro Technologies or Avaya? Why? What have you learnt from the book “A Thousand Splendid Suns” by Khaled Hosseini?Seeing the global meltdown, is it the right time to do MBA? What is the currency of France? How many countries are members of European Union? What is SAFTA and how many countries are members of it? Why has dollar remained strong against the rupee where as the pound has come down from 90 to 60? How do you think your strengths will help you pursue an MBA? How many countries comprise the continent of Africa? Do you think that the unification of the European Union has done any good?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : So you are from Deoghar, Jharkand? What is it famous for? Does it have any historical importance? What is fugacity? What is thermodynamics? Give one practical application of thermodynamics? What are the different types of dryers used in chemical engineering? Why do you want to pursue MBA? What kind of books do you read? What were today's headlines?How do you choose the books that you read? What is the difference between baking soda and cooking soda? How do you differentiate between amorphous and crystalline structures?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: