The process of selection at TAPMI consists of a Case Study, an Extempore followed by a Personal Interview
Feedback - Case Study
Reading Duration: 5 mins.
Written Analysis: 10 mins
- Supposedly you are a junior level manager at a bank. You have been working on a low interest rate housing loan project under the guidance of your superior (branch head) and others. Branch head's assistant was supposed to hold a presentation in a company meeting but he bailed out. The branch head wants you to take up his responsibility for the meeting. What would you do if you were the junior level manager? The meeting is to be held in 3 hours from now.
- Mr. A is the CEO of a company which manufactures skin care products, some of which help in combating skin cancer. Every morning he drives in and finds his employees outside smoking together. He feels that this is against his company's core philosophy. He then drafts a health plan in which every employee's health will be checked and they will be awarded health points. All the employees who improve their health points by 3 over a period of time will get an additional leave and $500 as bonus. People who smoked had to quit it by a specified date. If they didn't quit they would have to pay for their health insurance themselves. What is your opinion about this enforced ethically changed workplace?
Feedback - Extempore
Average Duration: 15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Good name is better than a good face.
- Bad workmen always blame their tools.
- Strength of the chain is determined by the weakest link.
- Integrity does not need to have rules.
- Size does matter.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10-12 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3 for each interview
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Kindly introduce yourself. Why you want to do MBA? Why TAPMI when you have calls from so many colleges? Can you draw the demand curve? What is depreciation? What are the various types of depreciation? What gains do companies get by charging depreciation? Any depreciation frauds in the recent news? Who is the finance minister of India? What do you know about the Satyam scandal? Explain a few principles of management. Will you be interested in other courses like Health Care and International Business?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Tell me something about yourself. How was your mental condition during Satyam fiasco? (candidate worked with Satyam) What was your role in the company? Who was the client and for how many months you were on bench? You are an electronics engineer? How many compartments you had? What is Total Internal Reflection? What is critical angle? India is having 2G or 3G? What are gates? What is AND gate? Which stream in MBA? Why Marketing? What other calls do you have? Why do you want to join TAPMI? Any question you want to ask?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: