The selection process at TAPMI consists of a Group Exercise, Written Ability Test (WAT) and Group Discussion, followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Team Building/Group Exercise
Number of Participants: 5
Average Duration: 8 minutes
First, the candidates are asked to solve in a team. Later, each member of the team has to go one by one and perform one step of the exercise.
- Candidates are given four props (spaghetti sticks, tape, marshmallow and a thread). They are asked to make the tallest possible stable structure with these with the marshmallow on top.
- Solve the tower of Hanoi.
Feedback - WAT/GD
Same topic is given for WAT and GD
Number of Participants: 10
Duration: 15 minutes for WAT, 17 minutes for GD
Word Limit for WAT: both sides of A4 page
- Are organisations ready for LGTBQI inclusion in workforce?
- Achieving digital India by 2025
- Age of humanoids: How do they affect us?
- Advertising campaign should be truthful or not?
- Loss of values in schools
- Is depreciating rupee a good sign?
- Should medical tourism be banned in India to curb illegal organ trading?
- Tobacco: should it be banned or not?
Feedback - Personal Interview
No. of Panelists: 2
Average Duration: 10 minutes
Excerpt from Interview 1-
Candidate Profile: BBA, Fresher
Introduce yourself. So, how was your GD experience? Who all do you think performed well and who didn’t? (some more questions on GD) Why MBA? What did you do in your internship? Tell us about a challenging situation that you have faced. Elaborate on a conflict situation that you faced and how did you tackle it? What other calls do you have? Do you have any questions for us?
Excerpt from Interview 2-
Candidate Profile: B.Tech, Fresher
Tell us something about yourself. So, tell us one academic achievement in your life. Tell us an incident where you resolved a conflict and showed your leadership skill. What was your favourite subject? Tell us about the subjects you were taught in B.Tech and how has the college helped you? (some questions on academic subjects) Why MBA? Any questions for us?
Excerpt from Interview 3-
Candidate Profile: B.Tech (IT), Work Experience
Tell us something about yourself. What is this start-up that you talked about? If you move to Manipal, will you discontinue working for your start-up? Will you be able to manage both? Why HR? Mention some roles of HR. What is your start up about? (some more questions on start up) What other calls you have? Do you want to ask us anything?