The process of selection at TAPMI consists of a Group Discussion, Essay writing followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Time Duration: 15 mins.
No. of participants: 10-12
- Is M.B.A. necessary to be a good manager and a better business leader?
- If you are a government officer, what steps would you take to improve education in Primary Schools?
- The salaries that the MBAs get is more than what they deserve.
- Coalition governments are affecting the Indian govt.
Feedback – Essay Writing
Average Duration : 10 mins.
Write essay on GD Topic
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10-12 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 92.5 CAT percentiler, B. Tech. CSE pass out with 78% in 10th, 60% in 12th ans 66% in graduation and a work-ex of 4 months): Introduce yourself. Why do you want to do an MBA? Why did you leave your job? Why don't you become a photographer if you like photography? Why TAPMI? Why low score in 12th? What was your favorite subject in engineering? Tell us something about the industry training.
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 96 CAT percentiler, B. Tech. ECE pass out with 87% in 10th, 74% in 12th and 80% in graduation and no work-ex): Why TAPMI? How would it benefit you as we prefer people with work-ex? Name 3 companies of Germany? Name 3 women Entrepreneurs of India?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 93.4 percentiler graduate with falling academics and 1 years of work-ex ): Introduce yourself. Why TAPMI? What are the positives of TAPMI? What is pressure? What is force? Tell us about NAREGA, Food security bill? What measures can be taken to control the Euro-zone crisis? What are the different types of taxes? Who is the owner of face-book? Why is face- book so popular among its users?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A 93.4 percentiler mechanical engineering graduate with falling academics and 1 years of work-ex): How are you managing your final year subjects and gd/pi preparation? What is your Family background? Do you have any other call? (Said MICA). Why would you prefer MICA to TAPMI? Why advertising? Why advertising to Marketing in TAPMI? Where did you get the matter regarding Prahlad Khakkar- it's so impressive? How did you motivate yourself towards an MBA? Why 2-stroke is more harmful to the atmosphere than the 4 stroke? What is scavenging? What are your hobbies? Do you play cricket or watch cricket? Are you a bowler or batsman? Can you tell me what a reverse swing is?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: