The process of selection at S.P. Jain consists of a Essay and Psychometric Test followed by one and two group Interviews.
Feedback- Psychometric Test
Average Duration: 10 mins.
No. of Questions: 20-30
No. of Sections: 3 (10 Q. each)
- Ethics & Values, Career Goals, extrovert nature.
Feedback- Essay Writing
Average Duration: 20-30 mins.
Word Limit: 300 words
- India should withdraw from WTO.
- India should slow down the pace of liberalization.
- Is management study still a better option?
- What would you do without a TV?
- If you were the sports minister, what would you do to promote the national sport?
- How would you define self confidence?
- What will you do if you are the Sports Minister of India?
- Should sports be removed from secondary school curriculum?
SPJIMR - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration: 30 min.
No. of Panelists: 2-3
- Excerpts from Interview 1: (A candidate with 98.11 percentiler in CAT with 91% in 10th, 78.2% in 12th, engineering in CSE engineer). Case Study about negotiations for airplane buying. Role of marketing. Latest news on retail sector? Why is Kejriwal pushing for no FDI? What is your biggest achievement in life? Why should you be selected over experienced people?
- Excerpts from Interview 2: (A 87%iler in CAT with 97.49% in SNAP with 98% in B.Tech ECE, 88.2% in 12th and 93.8% in 10th). Introduce yourself? Why MBA? What are ‘rich’ coins?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A candidate with 98.98%iler with 75.8% in graduation, 85.4% in 12% and 89.2% in 10th with 18 yrs experience in Infosys). Why do you want to leave your job? What is the relation between engineering and MBA? Your Brother is giving IIT exam but he is not selected, another guy gets selected and does MBA later, a seat for your brother is wasted – What’s your say on this? Do you think working of AAP is correct? What is Fortran? Difference between programming language and compiler?
- Excerpts from Interview 4: (A 97.7%iler in CAT with 49.92 in IIFT with CGPA (8.73) in Aerospace Engineering in 12th 83.2% and 10th – 91.7%). Introduction? Why have you chosen this specialty? Some technical questions of finance. Which movie have you last seen? What animal would you be given a chance?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: (A 99.52% in CAT with graduation in Computer Science Engineering with 73% in Graduation, 83.6% in 12th and 91% in 10th). Introduce yourself. Why do you want to do MBA in marketing? Difference between a product & service marketing? How is value creating of a company done?
- Excerpts From Interview 6: (A 98.8%iler in CAT, 99.94 in XAT and 61.7 in IIFT with 32 months of work experience as Market Analyst and Trader in European market being a Chemical Engineer with academic profile as CGPA 8.18 in Graduation, 87.6% in 12th and 91.6% in 10th). Introduce Yourself? Why MBA in finance? Name two of your strengths and weaknesses?
- Excerpts from Interview 7: (A 99.09%iler in CAT with CGPA 9.53 in Aeronautical Engineering (PEC), 94.6% in 12th, 93% in 10th). Why not get work ex first? Why marketing? Which animal should you imagine yourself as and why? What factors does one consider before marketing a product, say a bowl? What do apple and Samsung base their strategies on? Do you watch cartoon network? Build a Tom’s & Jerry scene on today’s scenario? What do you look for in a life partner? If you could ask one wish from God, what would it be? What does the red tile stand for in scrabble?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: