The process of selection at S.P. Jain consists of Psychometric Test followed by two group Interviews with the first one being eliminatory in nature.
Feedback – Psychometric Test
Average Duration : 10 mins.
No. of Panelists: 1
- 30 Questions were given and then students were asked to select 6 statements that defined them in the best possible way.
- 20 statements given - Yes or No answers were to be given for questions like, "Are you always honest"?
SPJIMR - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback – Group Interview
Average Duration : 30 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
No. of Participants: 6-8
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 96.8 CAT percentiler with 95% - 10th , 86% in 12th and 89% in graduation and no Work-Ex): Which specialization will you choose? Connect your choice with your career? Tell us about your project with Maruti Suzuki SX4? Tell us about finance and marketing? What is the method of evaluating students in B-Schools? Wha you do in free time? What are your unusual hobbies?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 97.86 CAT percentiler with 91% - 10th , 84% in 12th and 81.5% in B. Tech. CSE and a work-ex of 18 months with a reputed IT company): Introduce yourself? Why MBA? Why do you want to change your stream? What are your achievements in life? How spiritual are you? What is satisfaction? What are health, wealth and happiness? What will you opt for? What is stress?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 99.04 CAT percentiler with 94% - 10th , 90% in 12th and 81% in B. Tech. Electrical and no Work-Ex): How does business background differ from service background? Tell us about the 3G scam? Would you encourage your nephew to be a cartoonist? If you have mother and mother-in-law and both are in serious conditions and you live abroad and get only one day to visit any of them, whom will you visit?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A 92.26 CAT percentiler with 90% - 10th , 87% in 12th and 80% in B. Tech. ECE and a Work-Ex of 18 months with a reputed IT company): Tell us about yourself ? What will you do if a train is running and the track splits into two out of which one is frequently used and the other one used less, but on both the tracks children are playing Tell us some latest happenings in India and the world? Tell us few names of Female CEOs.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: