Institute of Management is a part of Nirma University and one of the top private B-schools in India. It offers three major full-time MBA programmes: the flagship MBA, MBA (HRM), and MBA (Communication). For admissions, IMNU shortlists candidates on the basis of their scores in CAT/ GMAT. The final admissions are decided as per the factors like previous academic records, CAT/ GMAT scores, and performance in further selection rounds.
MBA ‘22 admission process at IMNU followed the given steps:
- Shortlisting (based on CAT/ GMAT score)
- Theme Development & Presentation (TDP)
- Personal Interview
This was essentially an extempore round, where the candidates were allotted topics to speak on. Each candidate was given 1-2 minutes to think and 2-3 minutes to speak. Listed below are some of the TDP topics given during admissions 2022:
A group of two interviewers asked the candidates about their personality characteristics, goals, specialization preferences, academics, hobbies, experiences, etc. Questions related to static and current GK were also asked. Generally, each interview went on for 15-20 minutes each. Here are some of the experiences shared by candidates interviewed for MBA admissions 2022:
Top Interview Preparation Links:
- Tell me about yourself.
- So, you were in which branch?
- Why HRM?
- How do some small companies manage without HR?
- Do you read the news?
- Which other calls do you have?
The candidate was asked 2-3 questions related to their graduation subjects and some questions on current affairs.
- Why MBA?
- Which specialization do you prefer?
- Tell us about your hobbies.
- What do you know about cryptocurrency?
- How do you stay updated with the latest news?
- Tell us about some recent business news. (more questions on the same)
- Name the UTs of India.
- Any questions for us?
The candidate was also asked the definitions and full forms of important financial terms.