The process of selection at NIRMA consists of an Essay Writing and a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 15 mins.
Word Limit: 500 words
- Can India become an economic super power till 2020?
- Failures are the pillars of success.
- Is censorship of social media justified?
- Gender sensitivity needs special attention from childhood.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins
No. of Panelists : 3-5
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 93.68 CAT percentiler with 10th -89.2%, 12th -90.4% and B.Com. honors Economics – 82.28% and 1 year experience at E&Y and interest in Finance). Introduce yourself. Is Delhi a U.T. or a state? What was your work profile? From what all institutes you got a call? Why are you interested in NIRMA? Why goodwill is called a fixed asset? What is the main difference between current assets and intangible assets? What are your hobbies? What have you done to pursue your hobby so far?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 98.5 CAT percentiler with 10th -92%, 12th -81%, and B. Tech. – 61.14%). Introduce yourself. What are your interests and hobbies? Why your percentage has dipped over the years? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Identify and explain any principle on which a stapler works? What was your role in events you coordinated in your college? Why don't you go for Event Management? What specialization you want to pursue and why?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 88.94 CAT percentiler with 10th -78.6%, 12th -76%, and B. Tech. – 67% and a work experience of 2 years in the power sector). Introduce yourself. Why you want to pursue MBA? Why not M. Tech.? What is robotics? How is it different from automation? How can automation help power industry? How has India's power sector's scenario changed over the years? Why we do not promote solar energy? What is the difference between thermal power plant and hydro power plant? What are the different types of boilers?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 95.4 CAT percentiler with 10th -89.6%, 12th -87%, and B. A. – 69%). Introduce yourself. What are your hobbies? Which is your favorite subject? What is Keynesian theory? Who is Montek Singh Ahluwalia? What was the impact of liberalization on Indian Economy? What do you think will be the impact of FDI in retail and insurance on Indian economy? Why are people resisting FDI? What are your hobbies? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What have you done to overcome your weaknesses?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: