The process of selection at NIRMA University consists of Essay Writing and Personal Interview.
Feedback- Essay Writing
Average Duration : 30 mins.
- Should states be funding Elections in India?
- Women empowerment will lead to social development
- Are we becoming too dependent on technology
- Private players need to initiate rural development
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 88 CAT percentiler B.Tech CSE pass out with falling trend in academics and a work-ex of 30 months with Infosys; sikh student): Introduce yourself? What is backend and frontend of a product? What was your role in the organization? Explain the business model of Infosys? What is the difference between Linux and Unix? What are open sources? Which are platform dependent and platform independent softwares? Name 5 major places in Punjab? What is Anandpur Sahib famous for? Who was Guru Gobind Singh? What is his ideology?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 90.42 CAT percentiler B.Tech. Mech. pass out with falling trend in academics and a work-ex of 1year): Why NIRMA? Which other calls you have? Will you prefer Delhi to Gujarat? Who is Karsanbhai Patel? Why MBA? Which is your favorite subject? What is TQM? What is Kaizen? What is 6 Sigma? What is TPM? Name some companies who implement these? Are you nervous?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 ( A 93.4 CAT percentiler with falling trend in academics as 10th 87%, 12th-82% and graduation 75%, no work-ex and likes playing Sudoku): Introduce yourself. What is linear equation? How can you make it non-linear? What do you mean by slope? If we differentiate or integrate acceleration what will happen? What is the need of limits? Why MBA? Why don't you go for Entrepreneurship? What salary do you expect? What actually do you want to do as an entrepreneur? Where do you live?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A 97 CAT percentiler with academics as 10th- 87%, 12th-60% and B. Tech. Mechanical 67%, no work-ex and interest in Astrophysics; father in banking sector): Why MBA? What is an engine? What is the role of a Bank Manager? What is the role of Head of the bank? Who is the home minister of India? Who is railway minister? Who is the Rural Development Minister? Who is the Defense minister of India? Who is the Chairman of SEBI? What is the magnifying power of telescope and how do we vary it? Why MBA and not Astrophysics? What is the difference between Chandigarh and Ahmedabad?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: