The process of selection at NIRMA consists of Essay Writing, a Case Study followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 25 mins.
- Rules are meant to be broken
- Corruption is a necessary evil to achieve success in any sphere
- Attitude determines altitude
- Changing Role of Media in India
- Coalition politics in India
Feedback - Case Study
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- John is an employee in the HR dept. of a company. He is recruiting candidates for a new position in the company.
His supervisor has told him to consider Smita, who is the daughter of the president of their client. He was asked to favor her. Clearly she is not suitable for the position. What should John do?
- A guy has to make a presentation before a client. A meeting was appointed for the same and the guy was on his way and after two long hours of driving he decided to take a cup of coffee and accidentally spilled it over the presentation charts. He does not have a copy of it and now in this situation what he should do?
- cancel the appointment and get a new one for a later date
- carry on with the presentation and make an apology to client for what happened
- carry on with presentation with the coffee stain marks (which has not damaged the presentation) on it
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Introduce yourself. How many types of guitars are there? (student mentioned guitar). Do you play classical? Can you talk about the Spanish Guitar? Which is your favorite band? Which specialization are you interested in? Why marketing? Why Computer Science Engineering if interested in marketing? If you have lost fascination for CSE, how are you assured that the same will not happen with marketing? Is CSE of any use in marketing? What is difference between earthquake and tsunami? What is success to you? Who is the CM of your state? Who is the Vice president of India? Who is the President of India? From where does she belong?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: It seems you were very much interested in Physics and Maths in school. Have you put your interest in use? So you are working in ONGC, how do you contribute to ONGC's success? What is efficiency? How can you measure your team's efficiency? So how can you use this formula for calculating your team’s efficiency in ONGC? Ok so you have been posted in Tamil Nadu for the past 2 years, we three are tourists and you have to sell Tamil Nadu to us in 5 sentences. Have you heard of Tollywood? I've heard that Tamil Nadu is the only place where they make temples for celebrities. So if you get selected by Nirma then would leave your job or take a leave for 2 years? Can you tell me about the major industries in your city? Can you tell me about ONGC Videsh Ltd.?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: