The process of selection at IIM S consists of a Case Study followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Case Study
Average Duration : 20 mins for discussion and 3 mins for written summary.
- A person working with a consulting firm gets an opportunity to sell some very important data to another major
competitor in the market for a big amount. His own company is not ethical in its practices. What should the person do?
- An advertisement agency is known for originality of work. It has been given a deadline for a huge contract. The design team of the agency finds the deadline too short. Someone in the design team suggests picking up the idea of
another ad firm in a foreign country. Should they steal the idea and complete work within the deadline or be original and risk losing the contract?
- A guy is unemployed. Decides to start a BPO. He almost clears all the hurdles but struck with OS installation in computers. He doesn't have any capital left. The Bank is unwilling to give loans. What should he do?
- The Tribals at Andaman are facing certain problems. The authorities are to decide between losing revenue
and protecting the tribals.
- Case related to Student Council starting a Stationery store within campus to benefit the students. They purchase at wholesale prices and sell at rates cheaper than outside market. They gain handsome 10% profit margin. They plan to take up loan and expand their services to people staying in the nearby area too. However, few days later they face opposition from a group of students, claiming that the council have greater interests and are corrupt. What should the student council do?
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell me about your family background and about yourself. What are your hobbies? (photography).What camera do you use? Which one would you recommend me for vacation,for wildlife photography? Which books have you read of late? So you have worked with NSS. What is it? What did you do in NSS? When was it founded? What does Greenpeace do? Who is saying global warming is occurring (name any one). Who is Al Gore? Tell me about some significant incident from your life. How did you manage academics with so many activities? Tell us about your final year project. Where do ISB and IIM Ahmadabad stand in world rankings? What are your views on FDI in education in India? Suppose MIT starts MBA in India. MIT or IIM then? Do you admit that IIMs are best in India for MBA (not ISB etc)?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : So you are an engineer. Which branch? Why did you choose S/E as an elective subject? So you work in a company. So you must have studied S/E in the training also. Did you find any difference between college course and training course? So what are steps of Requirement Gathering? What are the various types of testing? Explain with example? So how much of Electronics do you remember? Can you draw circuit diagram of impedance? What do you do in your company? So what was your experience as a Lead? Did you face problems motivating your team? What is an economic, social and political investment? Do you know Learning Curve? Can you draw the diagram? Mention one law that was passed recently?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: