The process of selection at IIM S consists of a Case Study followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Case Study
Average Duration : 20 minutes for discussion and 5 minutes for written summary.
- Mr. Vinod Joshi of Neon Engineering is in a dilemma whether to increase payment to Sinha Industries after the bidding process has been completed. Sinha Industries had increased the quality of their products and wants arise in payment per product. Sinha Industries has over 65% of their revenue coming from Neon Engineering. What should Mr. Joshi do?
- There is an employee, Narain in a software company who had earlier worked in a hardware company. He's been recruited here because of his previous experience. He along with 2 other fresher was recruited for the job but put on provisional basis for 1 yr. After some months, Siva Dasia, the head of Deptt. of Computer Sciences in the company makes it clear to Narain and the other heads to whom Narain report, that Narain's work has not been up to the mark. So, Siva Dasia helps Narain to get another job by giving him letters of Recommendation. Narian files a court case that he's been asked to leave the company despite good performance and also misuses the LORs that Siva Dasia has given him to prove his case in the court. The court puts a stay on Narain's removal from the company. Now what should Siva Dasia do?
- A case study involving the director of some agricultural dept. and the impact of the proposals by Non-EU and EU groups about subsidies in agricultural sector.
- There is a farming community called Beris. They have been cultivating groundnuts in some region for a long time. 30 years ago a herder community came into the area and they were grazing animals on some unused land. There was some water hole also. Some people of the herder community settled there and started growing vegetables. Things were fine b/w herders and the farmers. Now government is planning an irrigation project which will provide irrigation to the unused land. So both the communities want to claim the unused/unregistered land. The Beris (farmers) think that they can grow cash crops. The herders also want the land since they have been using it for more than 30 years. To settle land disputes like this/to give unregistered land away to villagers govt. has established rural councils. Rural councils have a reputation of being unfair and favoring vested interests. What should the herders do?
IIM Shillong - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell us something about your job responsibilities? Have you studied numerical methods? Which all topics did you study in that course? The course was structured for how many hours? What do you mean by hypothesis in numerical methods? Tell us something about your hobbies and interests? Which magazines and newspapers do you read? What statistics will you require in order to start a new company?What are the macro economic factors? If you have two algorithms, how will you choose which is better? What is the difference between FAT and NTFS? What is time sharing? Write down the Newton Raphson Algorithm? Which other calls do you have?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Introduce yourself? Let us start with painting! What is impressionist painting? Who has painted “The Sunflower”? Do you think you will be able to stay in Shillong as it is very cold here? How did you get into Oracle while doing B.Sc.? What is the difference between Second Normalization and Third Normalization? What are the input and output commands of C and C++? Tell us something about the female political leaders that we have?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: