The selection process at IIM I consists of essay writing (WAT) followed by personal interview round.
Feedback – Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration: 30 min
Word Limit: 300 words
- Cause of terrorism and ways to control them.
- With changing times, paper based books are being replaced by online study books. Comment.
- Humanities is important with science. Recent survey suggests that companies look for individuals with broad skill base. Hence suggest measures that companies should deploy to make students more employable
Top Interview Preparation Links:
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-25 mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts from Interview 1 : Difference between BJT and MOSFET, How is the field formed in FETs, Draw the basic circuit for a MOSFET, What does the arrow signify, What is AM and FM? Why do we need modulation, What is a carrier, W hat is an envelope detector? What is an envelope actually? A signal, a wave or what is it exactly, Tell me about yourself, Electrical and electronics difference, Does mobile have semiconductor, What is the length of pen stripes in a pen, What are the elements of a business model, What is the angle between hands at 9 43 AM, Tell any recent event and news, How does a diode work, Questions on working of MOSFET, Why MBA, Define yourself in 3 words, What subjects do you like, How do you manage academics and projects.
- Excerpts from Interview 2 : Tell me about yourself, Asked about family business, Demand curve -Kinked demand curve, What do you do in free time, Tell us one subject in which you have in depth knowledge- 15-20 questions with formulas and graphs, Impact of demonetization, What was your job profile, What challenges did you face while doing that job, are seven sister States, Name them, What’s your opinion on odd even scheme, What are fundamental rights, How many fundamental rights are we entitled to, What is RTI, Why was it incorporated, What are the other calls you have.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: