The selection process at IIM I consists of Summary Writing of a paragraph followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 30 mins.
- Reality shows are escapism or entertainment?
- What are the after effects of making euthanasia legal?
- Terror attacks cannot be stopped.
- In Beijing Olympics, China won most of the gold while India won only one. What is the reason for India being so far behind? What are the steps to remedy the situation?
- India is great in cricket shows our greatness in cricket or misery in other sports.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 20-25 mins
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A 98.7 CAT percentiler with 10th -90.4%, 12th- 93.2% and B.Tech. Electrical -9.2 CGPA and a work experience of 21 months in core electrical sector). What is the difference between SF6 and vacuum CB? What are the qualities of SF6 which makes it a good interrupting medium? Name some women entrepreneur. What are your two most substantial accomplishments so far? Describe a challenging project or a seemingly impossible task which you have undertaken. What was the outcome?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 97.9 CAT percentiler having 10th -93.4%, 12th- 92.4% and B.Tech. ECE -83.4%). Introduce yourself. Which is your favorite subject? What is an Object Oriented Programming? What are the advantages of classes over structures? How will you find the largest number in a list of numbers? How will you find the second largest number in a list of numbers? Why are the gold prices dipping? What is the name of stock exchange related to commodities?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 98.7 CAT percentiler having 10th -90.34%, 12th- 87.4% and B. Com. -75%). Tell me something about yourself. What area does your NGO work for? What was your role? What are different accounting standards? How is a balance sheet different from profit and loss sheet? What is the role of a C.A.? Who is your Role Model? What is India's current GDP? What is inflation? Who is Governor of RBI? How is RBI related to other banks? What measures does RBI takes to control inflation? Is controlling inflation task of RBI only? What are your hobbies? Why MBA? What will you do after MBA?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 98.4 CAT percentiler having 10th -91%, 12th- 82.4% and B. Tech. production engineering- 67% and a work experience of 22 months with an IT company). Tell us something about yourself. What makes you so interested in cars? What is the scope of outsourcing in India? Who are the drivers for Force India? Which team does Vijay Mallya owns? If you were to make a team whom will you bet for as drivers? How the aerodynamics of a car affect its performance? What is the unit to compare Aerodynamics? What is the average speed when a F1 car reaches the circuit? Why does the car not take off like an airplane?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: