The selection process at IIM I consists of essay writing (WAT) followed by a personal interview round.
Feedback – Essay Writing (WAT)
Average Duration: 30 minutes
Word Limit: 300 words
- There is an increasing demand for making death penalty compulsory for crimes against women. What is your opinion?
- Strategies to improve sports in India.
- To laugh at one self is to love one self.
- Are friends more important than family? What is your take on this? What is going to be the role of families in future?
- Mention some steps that can be taken at the individual level to manage and segregate waste in India.
- Learning through e-books v/s learning from internet.
- Can management be taught in B-schools?
- Increasing demand for making death penalty compulsory for crimes against women.
- Advertisement increases material and psychological needs. Give your views.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10-30 minutes
No. of Panelists: 3
Excerpts from Interview 1-
Candidate Profile: Fresher, B.Tech (Aeronautical)
Tell me something you have not mentioned in your CV. What are your extracurriculars? Tell in detail. What is current account deficit? What is the current economic scenario? What is dollar imbalance? How does change in America’s interest rates affect Indian economy? Where do you see yourself, five years from now?
IIM Indore - Interview Experiences
Excerpts from Interview 2-
Candidate Profile: B.Com, working as a freelance content writer
Introduce yourself? Why content writing, why are you not using your commerce degree? (The panelist gave a water bottle) How would you determine its break-even point? What is black hat in digital marketing? What is better- Google AdWords or social media marketing? What is amortization? How is the period for amortization determined? How many times Amrinder Singh has been the chief minister of Punjab? In which script is Punjabi written? Tell me the scripts of other Indian Languages.
Extempore: You are given a time of 30 seconds, express your views on: Is social media a boon or bane?
Excerpts from Interview 3-
Candidate Profile: Working in Fidelity investments in Bangalore
What is special about Bangalore? Why is the Bellandur Lake frothing and foaming? Which is the key element because of which foam formation is happening? What is your role in the organization? What technology do you use at work? How does a microwave work? What are your hobbies?
Excerpts from Interview 4-
Candidate Profile: Economics graduate
Tell us about yourself. (The candidate mentioned he was also pursuing actuarial science) You are doing actuarial science then why MBA?
Extempore- You are given a time of 30 seconds, speak about: how Indian economy could collapse in next 5 years?
You said real interest rates, what are they? Private investment demand is a function of? Why private investment reacts to the interest rates? If private investment is increased by 1 billion $ then GDP will rise by greater than it, lower than or equal to it? And why? Multiplier is a function of? Do you know about civics or geography? Who are Parsees, where did they come from? Name any Parsee personality. Where do Jews live in India? What is the holy book of Sikhs and how many gurus were there and who was the last guru? Any question for us?