The selection process at IIM I consists of summary writing of a paragraph, then Essay Writing followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 10 mins.
Word Limit: 200
- Liberalization brought about a rapid change in the economy.
- Should management degree be provided after a person has gained industrial exposure?
- To fight AIDS, should we stop being coy about sex education?
- Can India's population be used as a resource?
- India has prominent place in global markets. In meeting global standards is it necessary for public sector to be privatized?
Feedback Personal Interview
Average Duration : 20-25 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 99 percentiler B.E. CSE candidate with falling trend in academics and no work-ex): Tell us about yourself. Where were you working? Why did you leave your job? What's your take on the Union Budget this year? What was the scene created because of the rail budget? What's your take on the rail budget? What concessions were given to film industry in this budget? Why mumbai is called the financial capital of India? Which financial institutions are located in Mumbai? What are sensex, NIFTY and Bombay stock exchange? Which subjects did you like during engineering? Can you tell me how many types of software development Models are there? Can you draw the diagram for waterfall model of software development? Can you solve the following Digital electronics sum: related to addition of binary numbers? Have you won any prize/ awards?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 99.4 percentiler B.Tech. IT pass out with consistent academics and work-ex of 32 months): Tell about yourself. Tell me more about the work that your company does? Tell me some other weakness of yours apart from those mentioned in the form? Tell me about one weakness of yours which your Father has told you? Why do you want to pursue finance? What is the difference between wealth and profit maximization? Name an application of data Structures in OS? Tell about the Memory Management Module? What are BSE and Sensex? Give me the responsibilities of RBI in simple points?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 99.7 percentiler B.Tech. CSE candidate with consistent academics all above 80% and work-ex of 20 months in the auto sector; interest in cricket): Tell us about yourself? Do you read current affairs? Tell me about the growth in the automobile industry? Any automobile company in loss? Why is it in loss just because of a strike of 15-days? Any other company in loss? Why do you think TATA Nano failed? What was your specialization, bowling or batting? Who won the IPL last year? Who will win this year? You also have a certificate of mountaineering. What was it all about? Does every material behave the same at all temperatures? What is the study of behavior of materials at sub 0 temperature called?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: