High scores in MBA entrance tests are a must to secure admission to competitive business schools. Once you have
gotten through this first step, you will be able to move on to the next phase, which is participating in the
subsequent admission rounds. And while you await to hear back from eminent institutes like Narsee Monjee
Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), it's time to be ready for the finale. At this phase, you will be
engaging with candidates of varied academic histories and professional experiences, yet the equal level of
If you want to pursue MBA programme from one of the best B-schools, you must present yourself in the best light
possible. The ultimate aim of every B-school's review process is to find students who will succeed
academically and professionally in the stern MBA programmes. The applicant's knowledge, attitude, and
performance are all taken into account by the admissions committee.
NMIMS, founded in 1981, is a highly regarded institution for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Its MBA
programme is offered at the campuses of Mumbai, Bengaluru, Indore, Hyderabad, and Navi Mumbai. Besides the
general MBA, NMIMS provides specialised MBA in Human Resources Management, Pharmaceuticals Management, Digital
Transformation, Business Analytics, Family Business Management, etc. The institute also provides a wide variety
of certificate programmes at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels.
NMIMS - MBA Selection Process
In the first stage, the applicants are evaluated based on their scores in NMAT, which is facilitated by GMAC.
These selected candidates have to appear for the written ability test (WAT) and personal interview (PI).
Finally, the parameters like previous academic records, achievements, work experience, and WAT-PI performance,
are used to determine the applicant’s acceptance into the MBA programme.
NMIMS MBA Admissions - WAT Topics
Here, each participant is presented with a passage (of roughly 200 words) on a given current topic. A graph may
accompany the information presented for the topic. The candidate has to write 200-300 words on the issue,
expressing their thoughts about it. The following themes were explored in several of the paragraphs assigned to
candidates as part of the WAT, in past admissions:
- The repercussions of the digital divide
- The global economy is feeling the pinch of scarcity in silicon chips. The two largest manufacturing powers
in the world are Taiwan and China. When it comes to manufacturing, should India speed up its plans?
- Can we lose all jobs to automation?
NMIMS - MBA Interview Experiences
NMIMS MBA Admissions - Interview Questions
The candidates are interviewed by a panel of two people. The interview questions are mainly about education,
employment history, extracurricular activities, and future plans of the candidates. Each interview lasts between
7 and 12 minutes on average. Some of the questions are on the information given in the candidate’s SOP.
Here are the actual interview questions shared by interviewees from past admissions:
Personality Traits & Goals
- But what if you don't get admission to an MBA?
- Please explain how you will benefit our institute.
- Provide us with three reasons why you should be chosen for MBA here.
- If both of your parents work for the government, where do you expect to get the money to launch your
- Give an example of a challenge you overcame during your internship and the steps you took to do so.
Academics & Work Experience
- You've worked for several companies; Can you share what you've learned?
- Why is the CHRO of Infosys regarded as the company's second-highest executive after the chairman?
- What distinguishes marketing for services from that for products? Do you have any idea of the scope of a
- Give me an overview of management vs. administration.
- What is a smart transmitter? Do you recognise the difference between a 2-wire, 3-wire, and 4-wire
- What is digital marketing?
- What is talent acquisition?
- Analyse the differences between the various cloud services.
- Is there anything about e-learning that would discourage people from pursuing it further?
Current Events & General Awareness
- Do you know of the recent headlines about PNB? How do you feel about bank mergers?
- Please update me on recent corporate developments.
Hobbies & Extra-Curriculars
- When did you last volunteer your time to a cause? Name two non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
- Do you use any form of social media? Who exactly are these "influencers" on social media?