The process of selection at NMIMS consists of Group Discussion based on a case study followed by Personal Interview
Feedback- Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
No. of Participants: 12
- People are more concerned about financial accounts than social accounts, How can this be improved?
- A company had strong profit and revenue but credit and standing was falling down. Give reasons and suggest ways to improve it.
- You are the manager of a travel company and 6 places are given to you. Rate each of them and come out with group rating.
- Should Kingfisher Airlines and Indian Airlines be bailed out?
- Five people go on a strike in an organization, should they be thrown out?
- There should be time constraint for scientists working in a company.
NMIMS - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A fresher graduate with a decline in marks from 95.6% in 10th to 75.3% in graduation): Introduce yourself. Where would you like to work? What is your dream company? Apart from IT companies which other companies would you prefer to work in? On what factors would you compare two people? How would you compare their hair? Why MBA? What are your weaknesses?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A fresher B.A. English graduate with academic records as 10th – 94%, 12th – 76%, graduation- 81.38%): Have you faced any difficult situation in life? Why HR? What are the challenges and job of an HR manager? What are the problems of employees in a company? Do you read the newspaper? Difference between India's economy and Indonesia's economy in terms of GDP? What is India's GDP rate? Why is growth going down? Tell us about Eurozone crisis? Why should we not select you?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (An experienced candidate with Wipro shows consistent academic records):Tell us something about Wipro? What is your job profile? How did Wipro transform from 2 CEOs to 1 CEO? What are your hobbies? What kind of books you read? Have you heard of Ashok Soota? How is he linked to Wipro?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A fresher with academic record 10th – 86.8, 12th – 82 and 75.1 graduation): Why HR? What is your opinion in the case study you discussed? Why do you want to join us ? (Questions were asked from SOP filled by the student) Why entrepreneurship? How will an MBA help you in this goal? Have you heard of a related term called "Intrapreneurship"?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: