The process of selection at NMIMS consists of Group Discussions based on case study followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback- Case Study/Group Discussion
Average Duration: 15-25 mins. (5 mins to think)
No. of Panelists: 3
No. of Participants: 12-15
- Would poverty be eliminated from the world by 2035? (About 1 paragraph given on statements by Bill Gates and other facts)
- Priority based case. Info given on 15 drivers on various dimensions. You have a new truck to allot. Who would you give the truck to? Who needs it the most?
- It was given that the gold rate has been rising from the past 12 years. And it fell by 30% last year. Few more conditions were given. What do you think will be gold’s future rate?
- In a company, leaders give value to teamwork. But they award individually based on indicators like number of hours clocked, client satisfaction etc. Now instead, the team members started competing with each other for recognition including hiding important client related details which sometimes have disastrous consequences like the loss of clients. Find the problem, the possible solutions and give recommendations.
- A train got derailed across 2 tracks at night, so the authorities cleared the train from the track, but rerouted all the trains on the 2 tracks. Due to this, students travelling for the HSC examination were affected. Also the local commuters were affected. There was media outcry and there were proposals to remove the Divisional Railway Manager (DRM). As a manager of DRM what will you do?
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration: 10-12 Mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts from Interview 1: 216 in NMAT with profile, 20 months work experience, and 79.50 % in graduation 89.50 % in 12th and 94.20 % in 10th ). Does ceiling fan run on ac or dc? (Graduation subject based questions). Is electricity tangible or intangible? Can intangible things be stored or not? Why MBA? Why don’t you get some work experience before pursuing MBA? Why MBA after engineering? Would you switch later on as well? Who is the president of the country? Vice president? What do you think will happen in next Punjab elections? 3 steps, which India should take to become super power?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: How was your day? Which was the last movie that you saw? Why HR? Is not it too soon to decide which specialization you want to take? Roles and responsibilities at work? How do clients react to you? How is IT used in HR? Why do older associates resent using modern technology (like computers)?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (207 NMAT score with academic profile as graduation – 78%, 10th – 90.6% and 12th – 82%) So you are from banking domain, tell me what is IMPS? Who regulates it? Tell me about latest Google product. When did you read newspaper last? Did you read yesterday's? (cross questioning). Tell me about digital marketing. What is NYSE? What is the currency of Japan? What is the currency of China? What are your hobbies? Who won the women's championship last? What is India's ranking in ease of doing business, who monitors it? What is India's ranking in corruption, who monitors it?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: What do you do in your company? Gave a situation at work and asked what will you do? Your salary is good, then Why MBA? Who is your role model? What are your hobbies? Why was Sania Nehwal in news recently? (hobby – badminton) How do you measure the development of a nation? What is business cycle?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: (A candidate with NMAT score 210 with graduation in B.Tech). Explain the Gap? Why not work in a company? (mentioned). SOP is very important –Questions on Social Awareness, Political Campaign, Political Awareness. Digital Media: How would you manage a product on social media, Choose a product and promote it on net. What impact does your father have you?