The process of selection at NMIMS consists of Group Discussions based on case study followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 20 mins. (5 mins to think and 15 mins. to discuss).
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants: 13
- Workers had quit the job after they had to do overtime and night shifts. HR department and Operations department want to get them back. Suggest the measures to deal with situation.
- An Indian entrepreneur exports textile to US and US meltdown lead to losses for him. He and his family committed suicide, whom to blame?
- A boy is dying. You want his kidney for your own son. The dying guy is willing to donate it for free, but his family is not willing to give it. You are an entrepreneur. How will you deal with this situation?
- Come out with consensus on top 10 toughest jobs out of 20 difficult jobs given (Coal miner, Electrician etc.)
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A B.Tech. CSE pass out student with 10th -94%, 12th-- 90% and graduation-83% and 18 months of work experience with a reputed Information Technology company). Introduce yourself. What was your job profile? How do you manage your work? (System Integrator) What did you learn at your work? What are your weaknesses and do you plan to overcome these? Who is the chairman of the planning commission of India? What is the capital of Uttar Pradesh?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A B.Tech. CSE student with 205 NMAT score and having 10th -85%, 12th- 60.4% and B.Tech.- 72.4% , 6 years of work-experience with an NGO and interest in stock market). Why you started working with NGO? Why do you want to come back and do MBA? What is the difference between a share and a bond? How does a company price a bond? What would you give more importance to Job or Organization? Tell us in one line why are you coming back from the spiritual world to do MBA?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 98.6 NMAT percentiler from Kashmir with 10th -87.2%, 12th-81.5% and B.Tech. in Industrial engineering -67.1%). Introduce yourself. What are the modifications railways is planning to do? Do you think those modifications are enough? Name the company involved in chopper deal? What is the recent happening in that case? What is your job profile? Who are your clients? Why did you switch to IT after doing Industrial Engineering?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 211 NMAT scorer with 10th -94.5%, 12th-92.6% and B.Tech. in ECE – 9.42 CGPA). Why you want to get into Narsee Monjee? Why MBA? Why don't you join research with such a good marks? When did you realize you wanted to do MBA? What did you do in college events? What did you learn from your college activities? What has been the biggest challenge you faced in your life so far?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: (A 216 NMAT scorer having 10th -95.4%, 12th- 84.2% and B. Tech. Mechanical -78.64%. Draws inspiration for MBA from internship at Reliance Industries and likes painting). What is horse power? What are different units of power? Why this college? Which other calls you have? If you are selected in all the colleges what will you select? Tell us about the safety environment in industries? Are these followed in Indian industries?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: