The process of selection at NMIMS consists of Group Discussions based on case study followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback- Case Study/Group Discussion
Average Duration: 15-25 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
No. of Participants: 12-15 (5 mins to think).
- A company ABC manufacturer’s paints-it causes health problem to employees and users, what will you do as the quality manager?
- You are the school principal, because of a faulty question paper, many students have failed. Parents are demanding a re-exam but employees are not ready to do it in a short time. What will you do?
- When Indian economy is going down, why employment being generated in Banking sector and connect with rural India?
- Liberalization of resources by the govt.
- School Management has been negligent and a number of 12th grade students (wanting to apply for colleges) have been failed in one exam jeopardizing their chances to a better future. What course of action do you suggest?
- 6 candidates – their profiles were described – professionals to be chosen for a oil company (PETROLEUM) to work in the oil field. Who according to you should be chosen and why? / Choose the best candidate.
- How businesses can survive and thrive in the current times.
- Low Agricultural Productivity. Suggest ways to increase productivity?
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15-20 Mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts from Interview 1: (A 94%iler in CAT, 98.75% in XAT, 94% in SNAP, 216 in NMAT with economic honours as the background).Meaning of your name? What is UN? Is the recent case of Khobragade (IFS Officer) justified? What is your stand on it?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A 99.52% in CAT with graduation in Computer Science Engineering with 73% in Graduation, 83.6% in 12th and 91% in 10th). You have mentioned digital media, how can it change people’s lives and poor’s lives? What is corporate social responsibility? How is it different from other responsibilities?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A 95.32%iler in CAT with 211 score in NMAT with profile as 72.7% in ECE, 69.2% in 12th and 85.2 in 10th). Why MBA after engineering? Introduce yourself? What does your name mean? Why should we select you?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A 94%iler in XAT and NMAT score 194 with 74.34% in B.Com (Economics honours), 90% in 12th and 88.6% in 10th). Why not work experience before MBA? Inflation control? Hobbies?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: (A candidate with NMAT score 210 with graduation in B.Tech). Explain the Gap? Why not work in a company? (mentioned). SOP is very important –Questions on Social Awareness, Political Campaign, Political Awareness. Digital Media: How would you manage a product on social media, Choose a product and promote it on net. What impact does your father have you?
- Excerpts From Interview 6: (A candidate with NMAT score 214 with academic profile as 81% in B.Tech, 75.6% in 12th and 82.4% in 10th). What is the meaning of your name? Have you lived up to it? School, different from other schools. Background – Technical question. Cloud computing – What is it? Difference between GSM and CDMA? Difference between C++ and JAVA. Latest trends in market – Android – versions operate – cross questions. What is a perfect leader for you?
- Excerpts From Interview 7: (A 98.49%iler in XAT with B.Tech background and 3 years of work experience in Infosys. ERP System, Oracle with academic profile as 78% in Graduation, 86% in 12th and 91% in 10th). Experience in NGO – CSR in current company. Oracle consultancy ERP systems – What was your job profile? What is other ERP System? How do you brush your GK? What books magazines do you read? What do you think about current political parties? What do you think Modi can change?
- Excerpts From Interview 8: (A candidate with a score of 226 in NMAT with B.Tech in Mechanical and with 20 months of work experience with academic profile as 7.82 CGPA in Graduation, 90.6% in 12th and 94% in 10th). Technical Question on Mechanical Engineering? Where did you do your Internship? Explain your final year project? What is the role of Gears in the project? Why do you want to do an MBA?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.