The selection process at NMIMS consists of a Case Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback – Case Discussion
No. of participants: 11-12
Duration: 1 minute to think and write points, 10-12 minutes for discussion, 3 minutes for conclusion
- Case study on How to increase demand for air purifier product?
- Given an excerpt from a newspaper article about how technology is taking away jobs. The point of discussion is “Is technology taking away all existing jobs?”
- Case about a company which has been growing very successfully so far (statistics were given) Discuss whether that company can keep growing the same way.
- Trains are getting overcrowded in a city and due to that there are incidents people are falling off from trains. So government has proposed to introduce new coach where there is only standing. On an experimental basis they want to expand this system to all coaches and trains if successful. Do you think it is a practical solution, what are other alternatives?
- Drafting a product launch strategy for a beverage company called KaliSoda, which is launching a new energy drink into the market.
- Case study on how current companies are running background checks on their employees which include minimal scanning of the social media accounts. With cases of sexual harassment and racism against executives coming into limelight, discuss why the companies shouldn't limit themselves to just social media background checks.
- Case study on ‘Robots taking over jobs’.
NMIMS - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
No. of panelists: 3
Duration: 10-20 minutes
Excerpt from Interview 1-
Candidate Profile: B.A. (Honours) Economics, Fresher
Where are you from? Can you tell three differences between Mumbai and Delhi? So what are your views on the current Indian economy? What steps do you think the government should take to improve the condition of the economy? So why do you want to do a MBA? (some cross-questioning) What are your views on the ‘Make in India’ campaign in India? Since you spoke about leadership in your answer to why MBA, name a leader you look up to. Why did you leave Mumbai and move to Delhi? What do you mean by sustainability?
Excerpt from Interview 2-
Candidate Profile: B.Com, Fresher
So, you are in your final semester at college? What elective did you choose? Why an MBA? What is organisational behaviour? If you're not sure then why did you want to take it? What are the big four companies in audit? What is the difference between preference and equity shares? Why do you want to do MBA as a fresher? Why didn’t you take that job offer? What does an investment banker do? What are the factors they consider when advising their clients? What is the current interest rate for savings deposits? What do you have to say about the recent bank scams? Are you sure it's PMC and not PNB? What are some ways for banks to reduce the number of bad loans?
Excerpt from Interview 3-
Candidate Profile: B.Tech (Electronics), Fresher
So, where are you from? Then, tell me something about Pune? Which branch did you do your engineering in? What is the difference between analog and digital electronics? What is the difference between Digital electronics and Microcontrollers? Which specialization are you interested in, in MBA? So you are coming with an open mind? Which subjects do you think will help you in deciding? So, what all MBA related books did you read to help you in your MBA? But why an MBA now? Why not go for a job? Why are your marks in 12th so low? Then how much did you score in graduation? What other calls do you have?