The selection process at NMIMS consists of a Written Ability Test, Case Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - WAT
Topics: (not conducted for all candidates)
- A company announces to leave US and move headquarters to Dubai. Congress disparages this move. Reason assumed behind this decision is tax evasion. Claims made that company should show social responsibility towards government and brave men and women of the country. The move is considered greedy. Give your opinion on the move.
- You have to bolster your English speaking skills. Two courses are offered for study tour to USA. Organization A is a residential program with a bit of travelling to understand the local culture. In Organization B, Everything is same, but in extracurricular hours, they take for sightseeing at historical sites too. Organization B is 10% more expensive. Which one will you choose and why?
NOTE : WAT may be taken forward in interview and you can be asked to justify your stand.
Feedback – Case Discussion
No. of participants: 10-15
Duration: 5 minutes for reading, 15 minutes for discussion, Last 3 minutes for conclusion
- Social media impact on teenagers
- Air pollution
- Boat is sinking. 10 people onboard. Lifeboat can hold 6 people. List of 10 people given. Prioritize them individually. And discuss and assign priority again.
- Rising pollution in Mumbai. Information was given about some dumping fire that occurred in Mumbai. Talk about pollution due to fire crackers. Suggest steps to reduce pollution.
- Some data was given showing the income disparity in India. What steps should be taken to solve this problem?
NMIMS - MBA Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
No. of panelists: 3
Duration: 10-15 minutes
Excerpts from Interview 1 :
Candidate Profile: Owns a startup
Tell me about yourself. What are your hobbies? Tell us about your start-up. What are your long-term goals? What is your CAT percentile? Why did you travel by flight and not by train? Are you biased towards trains? Tell me five reasons for not selecting you? You have got calls from many B-schools. What is the priority of NMIMS? Do you think you will get selected? Tell me something funny that happened with you recently.
Excerpts from Interview 2 :
Candidate Profile : Engineer, work ex
Why engineers are opting for MBA? (The candidate is working in Deloitte) Deloitte is paying you handsomely. Why don't you want to go for a job change? What did you do in Deloitte that you are really proud of? What did you prepare for the interview? Tell us what have you prepared best and what should we ask you? (The candidate mentioned his love for food) Mention some food outlets in Bangalore. There are a lot of lakes with foam. Do you know the reason? What should be done? Why Bangalore is called the city of gardens? Which specialization would you choose? (The candidate mentioned about his extra-curricular activities in graduation) What did you learn from your extra-curricular activities?
Excerpts from Interview 3 :
Candidate Profile : Work ex
(The candidate worked in Infosys) Who heads Infosys? What is the revenue of Infosys? Do you know about Sikka-Murthy feud? What were your job responsibilities? In which stream do you want to specialise in? Why NMIMS? (The candidate mentioned about his inclination towards operations and social work) How can SCM be used for a social issue?
Excerpts from Interview 4 :
Candidate Profile : Fresher
How do you feel about being the last candidate? Tell me the story of your life in a minute. Why do you choose HR when you have decent tech background? Why not start your own startup? Give 3 qualities of HR personnel. Give 3 reasons why you are suitable for an HR course.