The process of selection at IRMA consists of a Group Discussion, a Group Task followed by Personal Interview. Students are asked to arrive a day before and spend one night at the campus, interact with seniors and visit the campus
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
No. of Participants : 10-15
- There should be equal opportunity for everybody.
- Case Analysis- on a Rural topic. A Village with some problems, what changes would you make?
- How would you influence people?
- How is new technology effecting our society?
- Which option is better -subsidy or loan?
- Should capital punishment be abolished?
Feedback – Group Task
Average Duration : 10 mins.
No. of Participants : 10
- Rate and discuss the 9 points given on Economic Planning of India and come out with final group ratings.
- Prioritize the statements as per budget plan 2012 if you were finance minister?
- 9 statements given, rank them & then discuss them & come out with common ranking count about employment, environment, poverty.
- Distributed papers & prints on a publication. Rank those prints as you feel (9 points)
- Discuss those points among you group again rank them as a group.
- A Situation with 10 solutions, 3 to 4 mins to think & rank solutions priority wise
- Come out with common rankings on the topic "Health to all, Vision 2020
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A B.Com. honors graduate with 72% and 80%+ 10th and 12th is Daughter of an Agriculturalist and studied in Sri Satya Sai Institute of High learning): What morals did you learn in your school? Why IRMA? How was the IRMA campus visit? How are the seniors? How did you reach here? What is your father's business & how does he operate? What problems does he face? What is rural management?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A B.Com. Graduate from Punjab with 73% and 66% 12th Medical and 85% 10th) : Introduce yourself? Are you comfortable in a business suit? Tell about your family? Why did you choose medical & then switch to commerce? Tell us about Punjab, how many districts are there in the state? Why do you want to pursue Rural MBA? What is Macro economics /Micro economics? Explain Elasticity of Demand & Supply? Tell us about Indian economics? How would you improve agriculture? Which industry would you like to establish if given a chance to be an entrepreneur? What is micro finance?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: