The process of selection at IRMA consists of a Group Discussion, a Group Task followed by a Personal Interview.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15 mins.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Division of India on the basis of language is right or wrong?
- Importance of young generation in the process of nation building.
- Has the youth grossly failed to do its duty towards the nation?
- Democracy in our country would be complete only by introducing a right to recall of the representatives by the electorate?
- Is the current education system of India producing more unemployable youth and adding up to the frustration?
Feedback - Group Task
Average Duration :10 mins.
No. of Panelists :
- To arrange a given set of suggestions on reducing unemployment and poverty in India in the order of priority
- To arrange a given set of suggestions on reducing pollution in India in the order of priority.
- To arrange a given set of characteristics that a manager should have in the order of priority.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : Tell us something about yourself. What are your hobbies? Why do you want to pursue your career in rural management? Tell us something about Chandigarh? What have you done in your college apart from academics? Were you a part of any organization in your college?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Describe Yourself. Why IRMA? Why Rural Management? Did you take coaching for the preparation? Do you think coaching is required for a simple exam like IRMA? So you were a part of Theatre. Tell me something about it. Do you know about NREGA? What is the annual amount allocated for this project? Do you think it will be beneficial for the people below poverty line?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 : Do you know any person who has passed out of this institute? From where did you get to know about the institute? Did you like the campus? Tell me something about your father's business. Were you active in your father's business? Tell us the scope of Food Technology sector in India.(father's business).How can food technology help in rural management? What is your ultimate aim in life? What is your plan of action to achieve this aim? Do you have any exposure to rural sector?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: