The process of selection at IRMA consists of a Group Discussion, a case study followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback- Group Discussion On Case Study
Average Duration : 10-12 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
No. of Participants : 9-10
- Dowry system in India is curtailed only in law and not practically.
- Should government give more subsidies to farmers or provide better mechanism for loan?
- Prioritizing assets of a country.
- Case - Allotment of truck in a company. There were five contenders and one has to be selected.
- Case - There is a rich Parsi woman with a deceased husband who wants to donate her wealth to charity. 6 options were given, had to select one and speak on it for 2 minutes.
- Case - An economist gave 8 points to better the present economic slowdown in India.
Feedback- Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 : What is transaction cost? How do e-retail giants eliminate it? What effect does advertising have on transaction cost? What is your native state? Do you feel that caste somehow empowers people? Tell us about your experience in rural camp?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 : Why IRMA? Why do you want to leave IT and come to rural management? What is a village? What is a gram panchayat and how many villages will be there under it. Convince me that you have seen a village and lived in one and have experience. What are your other calls? Do you think IT guys are "computer coolies". Justify.
- Excerpts from Interview 3 : Tell me something about yourself. What about your family, asked more about my brother and about his job. Asked me to relate my course to rural management. Asked me about Azim Premji Foundation, my job responsibilities there and why I want to do another masters? Asked me about the basic rights given to us by constitution, specifically Right to education and Right to food, asked views on them. Division of larger states into smaller states. What is civil society and what is NGO? What other calls do you have? Difference between manager and a leader?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: