The process of selection at IIM S consists of a Case Study and a Personal Interview.
Feedback – Case Study
Average Duration: 15-20 min
- Mr. Mani is a schedule manager for freight trains in a region. He has been facing delays due to poor maintenance of tracks and old engines which he isn't in charge of but is still bearing the brunt of delay from higher management. How should he proceed?
- Near a village in Goa, lots of dead fishes were found in the river. It was suspected that this happened because pollution caused by a 60 Cr American fertilizer company which is operating near the river. It was also reported that drinking water and crops in the area were also affected. The government has ordered to temporarily stop operations of the company. The company counter that they have perfect measures for pollutions and source of pollution is something else. The company has offered to install new machinery worth 5 Cr, but an agency suggested that this cannot guaranty of complete removal of pollution.
- What government of Goa should do?
- You are the marketing manager of a chocolate producing company. Price of raw materials has gone down. Stats were given for that. Rival companies have not reduced the price of the product. How will you price your products?
- You are the COO an Electricity distribution company (DISCOM) which has encountered some failures recently due to power grid failures. The Company was about to go for IPO being unable to generate as much electricity to convince the Investor. So, one of the Chief Engineers suggested we could over draw electricity. So, as a COO would you take his decision or over-rule him?
Top Interview Preparation Links:
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-25 mins
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts from Interview 1 : You worked in 3 companies and left, You might also leave IIM Shillong, Did you waste your engineering, How an aircraft take off and land, What are Boeing and Airbus, From which country they belong, Are there any other manufacturing companies, In Israel, they have a president or Prime minister, Are there any problems with Iraq and Iran, Are you aware of recent developments in Tamil Nadu, There is a place name Aleppo is in news for quite some time, do you know why, Why MBA, Questions on Budget highlights, Fiscal policy, Economic policy, Some questions from GK, Opinion on Brexit.
- Excerpts from Interview 2 : Basic questions on the city I come from, Questions related to cricket, & trump policies, Detailed technical questions, What does your company do, What is your job profile, What is the difference between gsm and cdma, Do you read newspapers, Why did you quit your job, What other calls do you have, What if you don’t get admission anywhere this year, Any questions for us, Have you studied any courses related to management before.
- Excerpts from Interview 3 : (Fresher commerce graduate)- What is depreciation, What is provision of tax, What is the valuation of company shares, Questions on novels and paintings, Strategic management questions like BCG matrix value chain analysis, Description of courses/certi/awards and Gk questions on it.
- Excerpts from Interview 4 : What do you do, What do you do for marketing of events, If you are given a setup of a tourism spot somewhere in konkan then how will you market that, What is the impact of demonetization on your industry, How will you define black money, Why there is black money, If there is no tax, will there be black money, If in an economy, the rich are hated will there be black money, What news do you read, Why do you want to quit job and go for higher studies.
- Excerpts from Interview 5 : Tell me something about yourself, Mention something other than what you said, Which leaders are you inspired by, What do you think about Ratan Tata’s decision in sacking Cyrus Mystery, What is the 2013 companies Act, How Trump’s decision would affect IT companies and TCS in particular, What legislation they are about to pass for H1B visas, Trump’s effect on other countries, Countries from which immigrants would be banned, Why did US people vote for Trump, Tell us about populist schemes Modi had brought about, Mention some benefits and disadvantages of TCS as compared to other IT companies, Tell us about some achievements in your work, Tell us about some arguments or conflicts with your colleague and how did it get resolved, What is Laplace Transform, What is control feedback system, Give an example, Give one example in the room, Design a low cost toy with the help of electronics, Mention some other extracurricular activities other than mentioned in the PI form.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: