The selection process at IIM K consists of Written Ability Test (WAT) based on Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback- Essay Writing/Group Discussion
Average Duration: 15 mins
No. of Participants: 8
- Politicians should be asked to go to business school.
- Negative effects of Animal Conservation Practices
- Politicians should attend a business school.
- Package shouldn't be the sole criteria while deciding a job.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 20-25 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts from Interview 1: What happened in GD? Do you always stay this quiet? You have used the word fish market. Tell me what is a fish market situation in business? Where have you shown leadership qualities? How many states does India have? How can you write 8 using 3 twos? What is AK 67? (arvind kejriwal). Academics based questions. Why is there football craze in India? Which other IIMs do you have calls from? Which one would you choose between Kozhikode and Ahmadabad? Why? Any questions for us?
- Excerpts from Interview 2: Do you have a problem in wishing people? You said something ridiculous in the GD to grab the group attention? Why did you do it? What is normal distribution? How is it different from Poisson? Have you done any course in statistics? How much time did you take to fill this form? How many calls do you have? Any questions for us?
- Excerpts from Interview 3: You have bad academics. Tell me, what should we ask? What is logic? Why are you making your interview so difficult for you? Have you heard of Timbuktu? What is this? Is that logic? Where is it? Delhi, is that a fact or logic or what it is? Tell me its longitude and latitude? Is there any logic behind this? Is longitude and latitude fact? Suppose a person lives on a planet, is his presence a logic ? Whatever he does, should there be any logic behind this? Why we all live, logic? Okay, what is philosophy? Tell me the difference between philosophy and logic? Have you heard of Rio de Janeiro? Where is it? In carnivals, why don’t women get a chance to roam topless while men can? Don't you think that it is logically incorrect? Why so? Tell me, what should we ask? Why are there 3 stumps? ( in cricket). Which two records were broken in yesterday's match? Do you have any questions for us?
- Excerpts from Interview 4: Tell me something about yourself. Why do you want to pursue MBA? How is a spanner sized? Difference between Pipe and Tube. Mechanical Engineer from IIT and you don't know basic things? You said something about ethics and education. You mean to say all educated people are corrupt? (Checking salary slips) What is PF? Why is it there? Can I opt not to contribute to PF? Tell me one memorable moment from your work ex. You have none? How is that possible? Ok. Tell me what is a generator? Did I ask you about electric generator? Did I specify?
- Excerpts from Interview 5: Tell us something about yourself. What does your name mean? What is correlation? How do you calculate it? Draw the graph of two variables that have correlation. Gave a data set that these are five values of height and weight. What's the correlation? Name all the North Eastern states and their capitals. Draw a map of India, then draw a map of Kerala and then mark Kozhikode on it. Name as many North American countries as you can. What's the relation between New Mexico and Mexico. What is law of demand? Why everything else is assumed to be constant? Who was the first PM of India? How many terms did he serve? Why did he not serve more? Who was the second PM? How many kids did Nehru have? Why is Indira Gandhi ... Gandhi and not Nehru? Who is the husband of Indira Gandhi? Are Mahatma Gandhi and Indira Gandhi related? How many members in Lok Sabha? Why 543 why not 552? How many in Rajya Sabha? How are they chosen?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.