The selection process at IIM K consists of Essay Writing, Group Discussion followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback- Essay Writing/Group Discussion
Average Duration: 15 mins
No. of Participants: 8
- Presidential form of election should be held in India or not.
- What should be the priority of India in the 21st century - employment or entrepreneurship?
- Poverty is just a state of mind.
- Are the efforts of political parties and youth empowerment?
- Should medical profession be included under the consumer protection act.
- MNC’s are colonizing the Indian market.
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration: 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts from Interview 1: (A 98.8%iler in CAT, 99.94 in XAT and 61.7 in IIFT with 32 months of work experience as Market Analyst and Trader in European market being a Chemical Engineer with academic profile as CGPA 8.18 in Graduation, 87.6% in 12th and 91.6% in 10th). Introduce yourself. What is your job profile? How will you relate yourself in Indian financial perspective? Geographical coasts of India-Chennai, Kolkata. Kozhikode are famous for? When did Vasco da Gama visit Kozhikode?
- Excerpts from Interview 2: (A candidate with 98.2 CAT percentile with 10th -94.5%, 12th-92.6% and B.Tech. ECE – 9.42 CGPA). Why are you leaving electronics? What are the recent developments in chopper scam? Why do you want to pursue MBA? Females are not good at making teams, how do you explain this. Are females good leaders? Can you name some female corporate leaders? Would you move out to Kerala from North India? What difference do you feel is there between North India and South India apart from culture and climate?
- Excerpts from Interview 3: (A 99.7%iler in CAT with B.tech in CSE with academic profile as 80.3% in Graduation, 83.2% in 12th and 91% in 10th). Why have you come to this interview? Which other calls do you have? Capital of Bolivia? (South Africa). Capital of Mob? Give a reason why should you be selected? 2 weaknesses?
- Excerpts from Interview 4: (A 98%iler in CAT with integrated M.sc from chemistry with CGPA 8.0 and 77% in 12th and 83% in 10th). Your photo is different in the I.D. What if you are impersonating someone? Are you the right person? Why you? Rate you choices, why should we interview you? Have you wasted govt.’s money? Shouldn’t you become a chemist?
- Excerpts from Interview 5: (A 86.95%iler in CAT with general category (physically handicapped) with CGPA 8.57 in B.Tech, 89.6% in 12th and 93.6% in 10th). Tell us something not written in your Resume? Briefly explain the political scenario in Punjab? Why do you use Bajaj surname? Solid state devices – Analog and semiconductors. If you won 5 Crore in KBC what would you do? How would you spend 10 crores on yourself and others?
- Excerpts from Interview 6: (A 97.91%iler in CAT with Post Graduation in Masters Entrepreneurship with 73.8%, 75.6% in B.Com, 91% in 12th and 89.6% in 10th). What are the principles of Jainism? Tell me something about Dilwara Temple. Battle of Haldighati. What is marketing? What are your future goals?
- Excerpts from Interview 7: (A 99.09%iler in CAT with CGPA 9.53 in Aeronautical Engineering (PEC), 94.6% in 12th, 93% in 10th). So you are from Kalpna Chawla’s college. Why don’t you follow her career trajectory? Some question on helicopter working. What are different types of aircrafts engines? How are they different from car engines? Some questions on what was spoken in G.D.? A question on Jeffrey Archer’s short stories? What do you do in your hobbies – craftwork? What other calls you have?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.