The selection process at IIM K consists of Essay Writing followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 45 mins.
Word Limit: 500 words
- Objectivity is the summation of subjectivity.
- Equality may perhaps be your right but it is not practically required.
- If everybody is thinking alike it means someone is not thinking.
- A true friend stabs you from the front.
- Friendship is unnecessary; it is not required for our survival but adds value to our survival.
- "The true essence of democracy can be judged by a ten minute conversation with a voter " – Winston Churchill
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: (A candidate with 92.53 percentile in CAT having 10th -96.2%, 12th- 91.4% and B.Tech Biotech -9.9 CGPA and started an NGO for underprivileged children and is a national level basketball player). Introduce yourself. What is your height? Are you still playing basketball? Who is your favorite basketball player? Why you want to do MBA? Who is Kiran Mazumdar Shaw? What problems can you face as an entrepreneur? What is serum conversion? What have you learned from your internship and why don't you continue with your current field?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: (A candidate with 98.2 CAT percentile with 10th -94.5%, 12th-92.6% and B.Tech. ECE – 9.42 CGPA). Why are you leaving electronics? What are the recent developments in chopper scam? Why do you want to pursue MBA? Females are not good at making teams, how do you explain this. Females are not good leaders; do you know some female corporate leaders? Would you move out to Kerala from North India? What difference do you feel is there between North India and South India apart from culture and climate?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: (A candidate with 99.73 CAT percentile having 10th -95.4%, 12th- 84.2% and B. Tech. Mechanical -78.64%). What are the laws of thermodynamics? What is Carnot cycle? How does a refrigeration cycle occur if entropy always increases? What is the use of stabilizer in the refrigerator? What kind of refrigeration cycle would be used to cool this room? Who is Irom Sharmila? What is the relation between Irom Sharmila and Sharmila Tagore?
- Excerpts From Interview 4: (A candidate with 98.20 CAT percentile with 10th -91.2%, 12th-91.8% and B.Tech. ECE -80.06%. Working with Tata Consultancy from 1.5 years, has played badminton at national level and worked with an NGO for 5 months). Introduce yourself. What are your strengths? What are the various Tata's initiatives in the social sector? Are the two given functions linear or non linear? What circuitry is present in T.V. remote to switch it ON and OFF? Tell us about natural distribution? What is golden quadrilateral? What are the different ways to reach Sikkim from Delhi (candidate had travelled to Sikkim)? What states will come if you go by flight till Calcutta and then you go by road to Sikkim? Name some of the National highways? Who is India's HRD minister?
- Excerpts From Interview 5: (A candidate with 97.16 CAT percentile with 10th -92%, 12th-88.6% and B.E. in Electrical and electronics -78.6%). What is the difference between synchronous and asynchronous motor? How a rotor rotates? Which motor is used in the printer? Where can you find the practical implications of complex numbers? Which is a better technology GSM or CDMA? What is your final year project? How can it help society? What are your hobbies? Why MBA?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: