The selection process at IIM K consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews.
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 15-17 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- What should be done to uplift status of Muslims
- Should PSUs be privatized?
- SEZs- Impact on farmers.
- Poaching of tigers: decreasing numbers in the state of Madhya Pradesh
IIM Kozhikode - Interview Experiences
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 minutes.
No. of Panelists: 3
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Introduce yourself? What is the difference between data,information and knowledge? If I say the word 'Aquafina', will it be knowledge? What do you mean by wisdom? Would a pen drive with files be said to have knowledge? Questions on rupee Appreciation and oil price hike also.
- Excerpts From Interview 2: How do you judge your analytical skills? Tell us about theory of computation? Give us an example of finite automata. What is the future of football in India? Some technical questions related to work experience.
- Excerpts From Interview 3: Introduce yourself. Academic questions based on Software Engineering. Questions based on general engineering standard deviation, coefficient of variation. Is standard deviation is better or mean deviation. Explain DBMS in detail. Tell us some social issues which are prevalent in Kolkata. What is the no. of states in India and some questions related to that. Tell us about the strike which had broken out in Kolkata and the reasons for the same. What were the reasons for leaving your job? Questions on the Narmada issue.
Overall Feedback - PI
There were more of analytical questions which tested your ability to think on the spot as well as relate whatever you have learnt with the current situation. There were no general questions like career goals and on strengths and weaknesses.
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: