The selection process at IIM K consists of Group Discussions followed by Personal Interviews
Feedback - Group Discussion
Average Duration : 20 minutes for discussion.
No. of Panelists : 3
- Discussion on a person who is a perfectionist. It was about his pursuit for perfection because of which he was not even able to deliver something which was good. How does this affect his career?
- Janaki is working in some BPO or IT company. She is now called Jane. For her, 4th July is the Indian Independence Day. She works when people are sleeping. She has no social life, no identity, etc. So, do you think this industry is killing the current generation of India?
- A discussion on the changing Indian society and its values. How kissing has taken the place of the traditional Indian Namaste.
- A discussion in which the following article was given. “In the year 2006, TIME magazine voted "YOU" as the man of the year. Social technologies have given power back to the people. E.g. Wikipedia, YouTube and social networking sites. During the aftermath of terror attacks in Mumbai, power of people was again seen. Government seems to losing power. You are the power now"
Feedback - Personal Interview
Average Duration : 10-12 minutes.
No. of Panelists : 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1: Give us a brief introduction of yourself? What was your job profile? How good are you in Mathematics? Can you describe the exponential series? What is e? Is it irrational? Since you like reading, have you read “My life is a quark”? What is Supply Chain Management? What did you learn in Principles of Management? What is the difference between morals and ethics? What are the Indian Values? Why MBA? Why not Civil Services?
- Excerpts From Interview 2: Tell me something about yourself? Tell me about the job sites that you have worked at? What were your role and your responsibilities? What do you know about resource leveling? Have you worked on any project in MS? What are the different types of resource allocation? What is the difference between work allocation and material allocation? Was your role more oriented towards contractors or project scheduling? What are your career goals? What is the difference between PERT and CPM? What do you do in PERT? How do you get the estimate for the likely time required? What is the significance of the critical path?
- Excerpts From Interview 3: What is an organization? What is the difference between a firm, industry, institution and a company? What are the managerial aspects of an organization? How is recession going to affect the IT industry? Which sectors have led the Indian Growth industry? Which sectors are growing? Why MBA? What is a micro processor? What are its components? Why is UNIX better than windows? What is core 2 duo?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: