The selection process at IIM K consists of Essay Writing followed by Personal Interview.
Feedback - Essay Writing
Average Duration : 45 mins.
Word Limit: 200
- To disbelieve is easy, to scoff is simple but to have faith is hard.
- Adventure is very easy to write about but very hard for one who is doing it.
- Sometimes we put walls not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to break in.
- A child can be forgiven when he is afraid of dark, but the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of light
Feedback Personal Interview
Average Duration : 15-20 mins.
No. of Panelists: 2
- Excerpts From Interview 1 (A 98 percentiler B.E. CSE candidate with falling trend in academics and no work-ex): Why MBA? What is the difference between router and access points? What is TCP/IP protocol and IPv6/Ipv4? Name 5 people who have brought change in Computer Science? Do you read philosophy? Name a strength that is also a weakness of yours? Name all the new IIMs and does Trichy have a new IIM or not?
- Excerpts From Interview 2 (A 97.4 percentiler B.E. CSE candidate with falling trend in academics and nowork-ex but an offer from TCS in hand): Tell me something about yourself that is not in your CV? Tell us about NGO,CSR? What are your views on Roadies, U.P. election? What is the biggest change coming in TATA in the coming time?Tell us something about IIM Kozhikode? Why MBA? Why don't you join TCS now and postpone the MBA plan by a coupleof years?
- Excerpts From Interview 3 (A 99.7 percentiler B.E. CSE candidate with very good consistent academics all above 90% and no work-ex and also heads PR team of her college): Tell us something about yourself? How do you make sure people work under you? Why do you want to pursue an MBA if you can make people work well without an MBA? What do you expect from this IIM? What will you give us back? What is the full form of ICICI, HDFC? Name a few public and private banks? What is the difference between the organization of HSBC and HDFC?
- Excerpts From Interview 4 (A 98.5 percentiler B.Com. student with good consistent academics all above 80% and no work-ex and father and grandfather in judiciary): Tell us about your family background? What is the difference between a bill and law? What is the procedure for passing a law? If President rejects a bill what would happen? Can state laws be passed without center's permission? What is the link between inflation and unemployment?
If you have any question, suggestion or feedback, feel free to post it in the discussion box given below.
Other GDPI Preparation Links: